Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NHL 2012-2013 Thread / NHL Center Ice / All NHL topics

• Please log in to reply
601 replies to this topic

#121 OFFLINE   jeepwrang3

jeepwrang3

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:50 AM

I called a few weeks back to confirm that i would not be charged for CI until the season actually started. Negotiations have to take place after an agreement is worked out on how to price out what we'll end up missing. My new concern is the talk of the owners floating using Replacement players/Scrubs. The last thing i want is to get a bill to watch nobody's.
Long time Lurker, first time poster :nono2:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#122 OFFLINE   zmancartfan

zmancartfan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:58 AM

Is there any downside to canceling the automatic renewal? This would have been my first renewal season, so I'm not sure. Do renewers get a better price than new subscribers typically?

I agree wholeheartedly about not wanting to watch scrubs by the way. Or at least I agree insofar as I don't want to pay the NHL a cent to watch those scrubs. It could be kind of entertaining, really, to watch if it was free. Kind of like the urge to stare at the mangled wreckage along the highway....

#123 OFFLINE   mshaw2715

mshaw2715

Breaking the mold

• Registered
  • 834 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Washington

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

First two weeks are now postponed. through October 24.

#124 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,362 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:18 AM

Bettman and Daley visited the Fehrs Friday at the NHLPA offices. Some phone calls this weekend and maybe some more meetings this week. I still think before we know it, the entire season will be gone.

#125 OFFLINE   wolvesjohnblack

wolvesjohnblack

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:08 AM

khl on espn2 right now.

#126 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:37 PM

on the way into work on my local radio 94 wip, the morning show

al morganti and keith jones are hearing from thers source of the lockout ending in 24-48 hrs.

Not sure how true but will see.

one thing that happened yesterday and today.

the flyers put the ice down in wells fargo.

I think they did it just to be ready when the season starts, but also the sixers play there first pre home game on monday and want to be ready.

but here is a pic of the new ice

http://www.the700lev...288381481237582

Directv Premier Sport Packages  NFL ST, MLB EI, NHL CI, NBA LP,

Comcast Triple Play TV ( cheapest tv package for CSN Philly and TCN)

#127 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,362 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:31 AM

Not looking good for any NHL this season. From yesterday's presser:

“It’s clear we’re not talking the same language,” said Bettman, uttering the kind of rhetoric nobody likes to hear in a dispute. “The proposal that was made today, things are not progressing. To the contrary - the proposal that was made by the players’ association was a step backward.”

#128 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,770 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:55 PM

If you're having hockey withdrawl, there's a couple of college games on today.

Both 7pm est
623 - Boston U at New Hampshire
668 - Minnesota at Michigan Tech

#129 OFFLINE   Sandra

Sandra

Legend

• Registered
  • 288 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:38 AM

Am I the only one who is a teeny tiny bit optimistic here? I mean, unlike the last two lockouts it seems as if they are at least in the same chapter, if not on the same page. Both are talking about 50-50 splits, they just have to figure out how to get there.

Sandra

#130 OFFLINE   habsfan66

habsfan66

AllStar

• Registered
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:06 AM

Am I the only one who is a teeny tiny bit optimistic here? I mean, unlike the last two lockouts it seems as if they are at least in the same chapter, if not on the same page. Both are talking about 50-50 splits, they just have to figure out how to get there.

Sandra

Sounds like all they really have to do is figure out how to get to 50-50 and still honor all the current contracts, might be easier said then done.

#131 OFFLINE   Sandra

Sandra

Legend

• Registered
  • 288 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:25 AM

Sounds like all they really have to do is figure out how to get to 50-50 and still honor all the current contracts, might be easier said then done.

Not easy...but if that is the main thing they have to figure out, they should be able to find a way.

Sandra

#132 OFFLINE   Ira Lacher

Ira Lacher

Icon

• Registered
  • 823 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:54 AM

Not optimistic at all with Donald Fehr the players' negotiator. Look at your history when he was head of the MLB players union: he was chief during a two-day strike in 1985, the 32-day lockout five years later, and the 94 strike that wiped out the World Series and would have continued through 95 if the National Labor Relations Board hadn't intervened. He's combative, has to get his way, and is leading the players down a path they won't find their way back from.

Prediction: Next to go: the Outdoor Classic. And if it's canceled, the season is too.
-- Ira

================================================
"There are no solutions to complex problems" -- Stan Littman, longtime social studies teacher at The Bronx High School of Science

#133 OFFLINE   Sandra

Sandra

Legend

• Registered
  • 288 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:08 AM

Not optimistic at all with Donald Fehr the players' negotiator. Look at your history when he was head of the MLB players union: he was chief during a two-day strike in 1985, the 32-day lockout five years later, and the 94 strike that wiped out the World Series and would have continued through 95 if the National Labor Relations Board hadn't intervened. He's combative, has to get his way, and is leading the players down a path they won't find their way back from.

Prediction: Next to go: the Outdoor Classic. And if it's canceled, the season is too.

...and the NHL found a way to cancel an entire hockey season six years ago WITHOUT Donald Fehr's involvement!

Sandra

#134 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,362 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

When Mr. Fehr objected to the realignment back in January, I started thinking this wasn't going to be a painless CBA. The PA has no say in team locations and in all the past moves/realignments, they were silent.

#135 OFFLINE   Ira Lacher

Ira Lacher

Icon

• Registered
  • 823 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

According to a profile in today's NY Times, Fehr has always tried to collect all that he can for his union players. That's admirable. And we know that at some point this is going to end with an agreement where he and the union will get some of what they want.

But how many fans will be PO'd along the way by having no league to watch? And how will this diminish even further (if possible!) the status of the sport in the eyes of the U.S. media, who already shove it below UFC?
-- Ira

================================================
"There are no solutions to complex problems" -- Stan Littman, longtime social studies teacher at The Bronx High School of Science

#136 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,484 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

According to a profile in today's NY Times, Fehr has always tried to collect all that he can for his union players. That's admirable. And we know that at some point this is going to end with an agreement where he and the union will get some of what they want.

But how many fans will be PO'd along the way by having no league to watch? And how will this diminish even further (if possible!) the status of the sport in the eyes of the U.S. media, who already shove it below UFC?

Your right, I think it is going to be a replay of the last time, we went through this. After it is settled attendance will take a big drop. These greedy owners and players will never learn.

H44-200 - Samsung 1080p 46" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Samsunbg 32" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Mitsubishi 1080p 57" DLP - HDMI - Pioneer Home Theater Sound

LG 20 LCD" & Viewsonic 17" HDTV LCD - Component via Cat 6 baluns from HR44-200
Slimline w/ SWM3 LNB. OTA master antenna system to all sets.

#137 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:32 AM

guys, at this point, I think we won't have NHL hockey this year.

In other news

the NY islanders will be relocating after their lease expires 2014-15 at the nassau colliseum.

They will be moved to brooklyn, at the new barclays center.

Personally i don't think theres enough seats 16,000 but atleast for now thats how it will work.

Not sure if they can put more seats in. But hockey usually around 18 -20k seats.

One thing is nice about the new brooklyn building, 11 subway trains all go to the arena and the Long island rail.

news conference today 1pm.

Directv Premier Sport Packages  NFL ST, MLB EI, NHL CI, NBA LP,

Comcast Triple Play TV ( cheapest tv package for CSN Philly and TCN)

#138 OFFLINE   Sandra

Sandra

Legend

• Registered
  • 288 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

So the Stink-landers move their circus tent west to Brooklyn. The problem is, Wang and Snow are coming with them.

Sandra

#139 OFFLINE   Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,665 posts
  • LocationMonmouth County NJ

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

I read the Barclay Center will hold 14,500 for hockey.

JIMMY

DirecTv 1999
Olevia 42" HD
HR22-100
--------------------
NHL CI
MLB EI

#140 OFFLINE   Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,665 posts
  • LocationMonmouth County NJ

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

Your right, I think it is going to be a replay of the last time, we went through this. After it is settled attendance will take a big drop. These greedy owners and players will never learn.

Greedy Billionare owners + Greedy Millionare players = HIGHER ticket prices !
We're the ones who are going to pay the price (again) for this work stoppage

JIMMY

DirecTv 1999
Olevia 42" HD
HR22-100
--------------------
NHL CI
MLB EI

Protected By... spam firewall...And...