Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New SWiM install- only can record 1 show...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   trent741

trent741

AllStar

• Registered
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:23 PM

Just got rid of multiswitch and had swm16 installed a few days ago. My wife just told me that the living room dvr will only record 1 thing, and it has to be the channel that it is on. Anything I can do to resolve this? I have 4 dvrs, 3 hr-24's & the one in living room that having issues with is a hr-21....

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,976 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:32 PM

Just got rid of multiswitch and had swm16 installed a few days ago. My wife just told me that the living room dvr will only record 1 thing, and it has to be the channel that it is on. Anything I can do to resolve this? I have 4 dvrs, 3 hr-24's & the one in living room that having issues with is a hr-21....

Did you try to rerun the satellite setup on the HR21 and make sure the two tuner option is selected on the step which calls for it?

#3 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 806 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:34 PM

4 DVRs would be 8 tuners so you should be fine, do you have any more equipment though? Remember you have a max of 8 tuners per side of the SWiM16. If it just doesn't let you record two things just repeat sat setup and be sure to chose dual tuners. But if when trying to record two things or record/change channels it's giving you 771B or SFSS you'll need to move it off that side of the SWiM.
DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

#4 OFFLINE   trent741

trent741

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

Correction...I have 5 dvrs, 4 hd & 1 non-hd. On one leg I have 2-hr-24's & the hr-21. On the other leg I have 1 hr-24, 1 coax going to spare room with nothing hooked to it due to my reciever being up north right now,and 1 non- hd dvr, and also 1 coax for feds braodband adapter.

#5 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 806 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

Correction...I have 5 dvrs, 4 hd & 1 non-hd. On one leg I have 2-hr-24's & the hr-21. On the other leg I have 1 hr-24, 1 coax going to spare room with nothing hooked to it due to my reciever being up north right now,and 1 non- hd dvr, and also 1 coax for feds braodband adapter.

That should be fine, I'm guessing since you said you couldn't change channels and record at the same time (and you didn't say you're getting SFSS) you just need to go to Settings->Satellite->Repeat Satellite Setup and change tuners to dual.
DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

#6 OFFLINE   trent741

trent741

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:55 PM

Ok, thanks..ill try that

#7 OFFLINE   trent741

trent741

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:17 AM

That was the problem, selected dual tuner and works now...thanks!

spam firewall