Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

should primestar customer get free refub?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   newsposter

newsposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:36 PM

a friend has a bad DVR..stuttering etc.. the CSR apparently was mute..literally woudl say nothing...even though my friend walked thru all the issues..still..crickets...anyway..she asked for a replacement DVR and the girl said sure. would be 20 bucks shipping

about 2 years ago my friend got all her old equipment changed out from the primestar days...she even has DNS when i really dont think she is supposed to..but inherent in the primestar days i thought was a protection plan?

or is the protection plan just a 20 fee and normally it would be more. i swear under the PP i got receivers free
57 inch Hitachi 57F710S
Tivo Premiere
Panasonic E80 Dvd recorder
HR10-250 63 hrs w/DB8 antenna (parts :))
1/2 full Sony T60 (historical value)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,000 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

The PP waives shipping and allows a bad owned receiver to be replaced with owned.

#3 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:07 PM

I thought the primestar customers were completely gone now? Without the PP, a replacement receiver is $20 S&H for everyone.

#4 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 808 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:31 PM

There are two different types of Primestar accounts now, those that are under the old rental model and those that upgraded their equipment and are under the current leased model. Accounts with rental equipment don't pay for equipment replacement, remote replacements, or service calls (unless customer damage). Those under the current leased model (if they've upgraded to HD the account has been converted) have the option of $19.95 for shipping or the Protection Plan.

Since you said your friend changed her equipment a few years ago it sounds like she's been converted and would have to pay the $20 s/h or the Protection Plan.
DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

#5 OFFLINE   samrs

samrs

MANC

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,251 posts
  • LocationFlat Branch, NC

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:35 PM

Prime Star customers had a lot of different contracts. DirecTv honored them.
Some had DNS Waivers that carried over. Some had protection plans that carried over. Some had free miorrored receivers. Some had magic cards.

Doing an "upgrade" with DirecTv...Charlie Daniels had a song about that.
HR20-100, HR20-700, HR24-100, HR34-700/AM21

#6 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:59 PM

Prime Star customers had a lot of different contracts. DirecTv honored them.
Some had DNS Waivers that carried over. Some had protection plans that carried over. Some had free miorrored receivers. Some had magic cards.

Doing an "upgrade" with DirecTv...Charlie Daniels had a song about that.

magic cards?? what is that?
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#7 OFFLINE   samrs

samrs

MANC

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,251 posts
  • LocationFlat Branch, NC

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:04 PM

Dragons should know all about magic.
HR20-100, HR20-700, HR24-100, HR34-700/AM21

#8 OFFLINE   newsposter

newsposter

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:46 PM

There are two different types of Primestar accounts now, those that are under the old rental model and those that upgraded their equipment and are under the current leased model. Accounts with rental equipment don't pay for equipment replacement, remote replacements, or service calls (unless customer damage). Those under the current leased model (if they've upgraded to HD the account has been converted) have the option of $19.95 for shipping or the Protection Plan.

Since you said your friend changed her equipment a few years ago it sounds like she's been converted and would have to pay the $20 s/h or the Protection Plan.

no HD in the house..just wanted to make sure the 20 was legit..dtv is known to make errors

her magic card still works thankfully
57 inch Hitachi 57F710S
Tivo Premiere
Panasonic E80 Dvd recorder
HR10-250 63 hrs w/DB8 antenna (parts :))
1/2 full Sony T60 (historical value)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...