Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HDDVR upgrade Self Install question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   HURBO

HURBO

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:53 AM

Recently I took advantage of the HDDVR upgrade. Yesterday I received my HR-21-100 receiver it was a refurbished unit. The unit would not power up. Strike #1. This reciever is replacing a standard non hd box. All this receiver came with was a power chord. Will I be able to self install this? I do have a slimline dish and have a HDDVR in my main viewing area, just trying to uprade my bedroom. Accoring to Direct TV website, is says you can perform self installation if you are just upgrading a box and already have HD service.

I was wondering if they sent me everything I need straight out of the box (SINCE THEY JUST SEND THE BOX AND A POWER CHORD) in order to be able to watch one program and record another program, or do I need to request a specific item in order to be able to do that?

My second question if the box is defective(will not pwer up) the plug in the back of the box seems to be broke and loose, If I have the protection plan will I just be able to have an installer come out and switch the boxes out and install for free? Thanks in advance for any advice!!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,701 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:26 AM

It's not clear what you had/have.
If you have a SWiM system, then one coax is enough to have both tuners function.
If you don't and are still on a legacy system, then you need two coax for both tuners to work, and will need BBCs for each.

If the DVR they sent is defective, then call and tell them.
They may ship another or have a tech come out.
A.K.A VOS

spam firewall