Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New Channels in Favorites

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BennyGregg

BennyGregg

Legend

• Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:34 AM

I've got ten new channels listed in my main Favorites list: 8241, 8299, 8300, 8304, 8327, 8327 (listed twice), 8331, 8333, 8335, 8337. Where'd they come from?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   moghedien

moghedien

Legend

• Registered
  • 199 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:20 AM

I've got ten new channels listed in my main Favorites list: 8241, 8299, 8300, 8304, 8327, 8327 (listed twice), 8331, 8333, 8335, 8337. Where'd they come from?

I believe they are a byproduct of the removal of the Viacom channels from the Directv lineup....

#3 OFFLINE   SomeRandomIdiot

SomeRandomIdiot

Godfather

• Registered
  • 637 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:24 PM

Correct - remove the 8 and they match up with the missing Viacom Channels.

If you have Viacom shows setup to record (To Do List) or in Series Manager, you will note they are currently still listed with the Viacom 3 digit channel number in Series Manager, but in the To Do List the show is listed with the 8xxx designation.

In other words, the show will record to your DVR with the Directv logo and their awful background music loop - so no explanation of what happened when the viewer goes to view it from their playlist.

#4 OFFLINE   adamson

adamson

Godfather

• Registered
  • 508 posts
  • LocationN Central Florida

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:25 PM

Leave my custom list alone! Now I have to go through them again with what I get in my package. Really this ticked me off after I discovered tvland was gone. Just another way to irritate people...Nice job Directv.

spam firewall