Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 AM21

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   raromr

raromr

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:39 PM

Came home today to find all my local channels I get from my OTA no longer in my favorites or accessible.

Edited by raromr, 11 July 2012 - 03:45 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   r34220

r34220

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

I had the same thing.. I ran the antenna setup again and they came back. I just completed this and now the HR34 is very slow. I am thinking is just doing some housekeeping and will be more responsive soon.

.... its 15 minutes later and the HR34 speed is almost back to normal pulling guide up and changing channels.

Edited by r34220, 11 July 2012 - 06:28 PM.

-----------------------------------
16 Swim
Terrestrial antenna for OTA HD
60" Pioneer Elite PRO-1540HD Plasma - HDMI - HR34
2 - HR20-700,2- R15

#3 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,269 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:49 PM

Same thing happened here;

HR34 with AM21N.

In fact many of my OTA channels were mixed up and/or missing and some of my DIRECTV supplied SD channels were showing in the guide even though I had the receiver settings to "hide SD duplicates."

Had to toggle between "show all channels" and "hide SD duplicates." to correct one problem, and then reset and setup the OTA ones to correct the other.

I think for some reason the HR34 was sensitive to various guide shuffling and adjustments DIRECTV did in response to the Viacom dispute.

#4 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,068 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:11 PM

I had to re-run the "initial setup" for antenna to get my OTA channels to show back up as well. They clearly borked something last night when they had to shuffle things around in the guide once the Viacom channels were shutoff.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#5 OFFLINE   BigFoot48

BigFoot48

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:24 PM

Same here. Noticed the morning following the Viacom dump, so I suspect it had something to do with that. Did the antenna search menu, got a lock-up, and had to do a RBR.
DTV since 1998. HR-34 since Feb 2012.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...