Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NewsMix and SportsMix Channels Missing Since Midnight

series manager

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   SomeRandomIdiot

SomeRandomIdiot

Godfather

• Registered
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:16 PM

Anyone know what is up with the NewsMix / SportsMix Channels?

They have said "This channel is temporarily unavailable" since about the time they pulled the Viacom Channels - and no Viacom Channel is on the NewsMix / SportsMix Channel?

Calls to the working out of their home CSRs have no info in the system about them being down either.

Been over 18 hours now - and wondering if anyone knows anything - as NewsMix is the most viewed channel for me.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   cjrleimer

cjrleimer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 481 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:18 PM

Its due to the fact they had to put in viacom subsitute mixes due to the pissing war taking place.

#3 OFFLINE   SomeRandomIdiot

SomeRandomIdiot

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:25 PM

Its due to the fact they had to put in viacom subsitute mixes due to the pissing war taking place.

There are no Viacom channels on NewsMix or SportsMix

#4 OFFLINE   Pepe Sylvia

Pepe Sylvia

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:31 PM

There are no Viacom channels on NewsMix or SportsMix

Tune into any of the Viacom channels (where they were) and you'll see what he means. They had to re-allocate the resources.

#5 OFFLINE   SomeRandomIdiot

SomeRandomIdiot

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:26 PM

Great - so I get screwed and I don't care that much about the Viacom Channels.

Regardless, there are 2 different Mix Channels now running for the Viacom Channels - one for adult programming and one for kids programming.

In the not too distant past, 4 different Mix Channels have been run at the same time.

NewsMix, SportsMix1, SportsMix2 and a HD Mix Channel (For Masters, Tennis etc) with 4 different views. They also ran a 6 or 8 channel HD Mix Channel during the 2008 Election with the other 3 SD MixChannels at the same time.

As thus, they have the equipment to at least run the NewsMix and Sportsmix1 Channel while doing the 2 Viacom "Mix" Channel.

So we are at net loss of 2 more than the original Viacom Channels.

#6 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:33 PM

What's really a sneaky marketing ploy by DirecTV is putting 8 channels in their new "mix" to show folks what else is available since the Viacom channels are down. There is also a disclaimer that says you can't watch any of these channels full-screen unless it's in your package (hint hint wink wink ;););) ) but enjoy our postage-stamp size preview!!

Talk about making lemonade out of lemons!

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#7 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,253 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:04 PM

What's really a sneaky marketing ploy by DirecTV is putting 8 channels in their new "mix" to show folks what else is available since the Viacom channels are down. There is also a disclaimer that says you can't watch any of these channels full-screen unless it's in your package (hint hint wink wink ;););) ) but enjoy our postage-stamp size preview!!

Talk about making lemonade out of lemons!

is also says encore is open to all residential customers
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#8 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,253 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:08 PM

Great - so I get screwed and I don't care that much about the Viacom Channels.

Regardless, there are 2 different Mix Channels now running for the Viacom Channels - one for adult programming and one for kids programming.

In the not too distant past, 4 different Mix Channels have been run at the same time.

NewsMix, SportsMix1, SportsMix2 and a HD Mix Channel (For Masters, Tennis etc) with 4 different views. They also ran a 6 or 8 channel HD Mix Channel during the 2008 Election with the other 3 SD MixChannels at the same time.

As thus, they have the equipment to at least run the NewsMix and Sportsmix1 Channel while doing the 2 Viacom "Mix" Channel.

So we are at net loss of 2 more than the original Viacom Channels.

well Open Championship mix and MLBEI mix are both in holding.

MLB comes back on 7/13

open starts on 7/19
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#9 OFFLINE   SomeRandomIdiot

SomeRandomIdiot

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:04 PM

well Open Championship mix and MLBEI mix are both in holding.

MLB comes back on 7/13

open starts on 7/19

As thus, that equipment could be used for the NewsMix and SportsMix Channels when not in use, which is what I pointed out.

#10 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:41 AM

As thus, that equipment could be used for the NewsMix and SportsMix Channels when not in use, which is what I pointed out.

Newsmix and sportsmix are both down all the other channels are real and not jacked up unless you onl;y have SD...which is your issue not DTV's
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: series manager

Protected By... spam firewall...And...