Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

problems with optical sound on 622

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JJKad

JJKad

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:41 AM

I am having a problem with optical sound from a DISH 622 DVR to a Yamaha amp. We first noticed it on ABC with good morning america. There is no sound except a low rumbling from the sub-woofer. When the source changes from the national feed to local, the sound returns. Then when GMA is over and the source changes to another national feed program, the sound also returns. This same thing happens on some of the national news. We've not noticed it on evening programming. But the problem isn't limited to ABC or local broadcasts. We enconter the same thing on some non-broadcast programming. The problem happens with some programming that has 5.1 sound and some with stereo only sound. I've used all the different settings on the amp and DVR but nothing corrects the problem.
Regrettably, I don't have another amp. to test with. We do have a blu-ray player and have never had a problem with the optical sound on any source material. I switched out the optical cables from the DVR and blu-ray. The problem remained on the DVR so it isn't the cable.
The DVR feeds into the TV using HDMI and the TV sound has always worked and still does. But the TV is stereo only. The TV has an optical out but the TV converts any digital sound to stereo so I can't determine whether the DVR or amp is the problem that way.
Has anyone ever had this problem? Any suggestions as to how I can determine which unit is the problem?
Any suggestions appreciated.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

spam firewall