Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DirecTV Locals - City By City (v3)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
376 replies to this topic

#361 OFFLINE   dod1450

dod1450

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:57 PM

In the San Francisco Bay Area we have so many OTA channels it would be nice if Directv make them available with the OTA channel guide.  http://www.choisser.com/sfonair.html

• Gary Toma likes this

HDR-24
HDR-34
AM-21N
ATT uverse internet

Genie Go

PGP: AD5A 96DC 7556 A020 B8E7 0E4D 5D5E 9BA5 C83E 8C92

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#362 OFFLINE   aqua77002

aqua77002

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

Any ideas as to why DirecTV doesn't offer locals in Bowling Green, KY? Dish has them, but I've never been able to find out why DirecTV doesn't. And, whom would I contact to try and get that changed?

Thanks!

#363 OFFLINE   CATCRAW

CATCRAW

Legend

• Registered
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:18 AM

Well we finally got Local Channels on Directv, in Bend Oregon, less then a year ago and now looks like we are losing half of them in a contract dispute.  Looks like NBC, FOX, CW are all going away on the 9th of October.  

#364 OFFLINE   PrinceLH

PrinceLH

Godfather

• Registered
  • 469 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:30 PM

I wonder, how many DMA's are getting MeTV, AntennaTV, COZI and RTV in their Directv locals package?

#365 OFFLINE   dwrats_56

dwrats_56

Godfather

• Registered
  • 369 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MO

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

here in Central Missouri, we did get MeTV until the contract dispute that started blocking them on 10/19.

That dispute also took away the ABC and FOX locals.

Sony KDF-50E2000 DirecTV HR44-500 via HDMI
Sony KDL-46W4100 DirecTV HR21-700 via HDMI

Slimline 3 dish with SWiM

"My brain hurts."

#366 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,777 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

I wonder, how many DMA's are getting MeTV, AntennaTV, COZI and RTV in their Directv locals package?

It's only DMAs that have them on a primary station like WZME in the NYC DMA, although there's exceptions for Alaska and Hawaii. Check the Transponder maps thread, since DirecTV only lists the major networks in the data you'd have to compare it to network's site or a site like Rabbit Ears.

#367 OFFLINE   jamieh1

jamieh1

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:41 AM

UPDATE

Greenville Washington New Bern NC

Ch 7 WITN  NBC

Ch 9 WNCT CBS

Ch 15 WNCT2 The CW

All now have HD news

#368 OFFLINE   John Strk

John Strk

Legend

• Registered
  • 159 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:57 AM

Anything new on when the CW HD (WTLF-HD) will be added for the Tallahassee market?  My local Comcast has carried it for over a year now.

Thanks!

DirecTV Customer Since 2007

#369 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:22 PM

Anything new on when the CW HD (WTLF-HD) will be added for the Tallahassee market?  My local Comcast has carried it for over a year now.

Thanks!

The good news:  WTLF for your market is in *TEST status

The bad news:  WTLF for your market has been in *TEST status for a long time now.  It went into *TEST between 1/1 and 6/1 of 2012. (I didn't take the time to narrow it down any closer.)

This situation usually means there is some roadblock still needed to be cleared -- perhaps technical, perhaps political, perhaps legal, perhaps financial.  A call to your local station may give you some insight into what is (not) happening....

#370 OFFLINE   John Strk

John Strk

Legend

• Registered
  • 159 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:55 PM

The good news:  WTLF for your market is in *TEST status

The bad news:  WTLF for your market has been in *TEST status for a long time now.  It went into *TEST between 1/1 and 6/1 of 2012. (I didn't take the time to narrow it down any closer.)

This situation usually means there is some roadblock still needed to be cleared -- perhaps technical, perhaps political, perhaps legal, perhaps financial.  A call to your local station may give you some insight into what is (not) happening....

Ok thanks for the info!

Edited by John Strk, 17 January 2014 - 03:56 PM.

DirecTV Customer Since 2007

#371 OFFLINE   GregLee

GregLee

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:04 AM

The link in the first post of this thread gives only an error page.

Greg

#372 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:22 AM

The link in the first post of this thread gives only an error page.

I am very sorry that all this information has disappeared. The key links in Post #1 failed several months ago. We were hoping that Alan Gordon, the thread starter, had a copy of that full database so that it could be re-established on another server. Given its current minimal value without the links, this thread was 'un-pinned' and is now floating toward oblivion.

Alan resurrected this thread from abandonment in July of 2012 and from then through early 2013, invested his time and effortl   But in early 2013, Alan gave up all involvement and walked away. We have no idea what demands in his personal life have caused this change.  It is most unfortunate.

#373 OFFLINE   goober22

goober22

Godfather

• Registered
  • 468 posts
  • LocationSunny Flori-Duh!

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:15 PM

Well, poop!

Resident Jenius!

DirecTV = HR20-700x2, HR20-100x2, R22-100+AM21Nx2, All Networked, R15-500x1 (not activated), D12-300x2, Zinwell WB616, OTA=17, WOW (Knology) Cable = Internet & Phone Only,  Hitachi 65S700 65", Sanyo 50" Plasma x2, Hisense 42" LCD, Scepter 40" LCD, Vizio 26" LCD, Hiteker 32" LCD,  Sony 7.1 Receiver, Sony 7.1 Speaker System

#374 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:18 PM

The extensivie database that was the heart of this thread has apparently disappeared.  We may need to lock this thread to save  much frustration.  Sorry.

#375 OFFLINE   Newshawk

Newshawk

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:32 PM

Let me explain what happened.  When Alan took over the lists I created, he endeavored to revamp them from the simple table-based lists I had been using since I initiated the lists way back when.  I had to resign from DirecTV, where I had been working as a technical troubleshootere, in November of 2012 to help my wife through a knee joint replacement.  I had hoped to rejoin the company sometime in 2013 but continuing health issues with my wife have prevented me from doing so. 

I have been out of work for most of the time since November 2012 and, aside from 13 weks of unemployment and a short stint working at a Harbor Freight Tools store, I have not had a steady income.  I gave up my DirecTV in July of last year and I had to give up my web server space in January.  At this point, if Alan has disappeared, I do not know how I could recreate the lists.

From the look of it, the same small markets that were not served by DirecTV in 2012 (in HD and/or SD) are still unserved.  I doublt that they will be served anytime before the next two satellites are launced.

DIRECTV employee April 2004-November 2012.
The above comments are my own because I don't know if anyone would care about my opinions anymore.

#376 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8,661 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 22 March 2014 - 02:46 PM

But in early 2013, Alan gave up all involvement and walked away. We have no idea what demands in his personal life have caused this change.  It is most unfortunate.

Let me explain what happened.  When Alan took over the lists I created, he endeavored to revamp them from the simple table-based lists I had been using since I initiated the lists way back when.  I had to resign from DirecTV, where I had been working as a technical troubleshootere, in November of 2012 to help my wife through a knee joint replacement.  I had hoped to rejoin the company sometime in 2013 but continuing health issues with my wife have prevented me from doing so. 

I have been out of work for most of the time since November 2012 and, aside from 13 weks of unemployment and a short stint working at a Harbor Freight Tools store, I have not had a steady income.  I gave up my DirecTV in July of last year and I had to give up my web server space in January.  At this point, if Alan has disappeared, I do not know how I could recreate the lists.

From the look of it, the same small markets that were not served by DirecTV in 2012 (in HD and/or SD) are still unserved.  I doublt that they will be served anytime before the next two satellites are launced.

For the record:

In early 2013, my Mom began to have some health issues of her own, so when I wasn't at work myself, I would help her out at her workplace.  Between my regular job and helping her out, I no longer had as much time to contribute to anything else.  MONTHS later, she started feeling better, but I had a long list of things I had put off that now needed to be attended to. 

Also around this time, a relative of mine had "paid forward" a used Mac computer, and while I still have a PC for work stuff, I don't have things set up like I want it to be, so it's a pain in the butt to switch my monitor, keyboard and mouse over to my PC at this time.

I'm also now currently in the process of trying something in my spare time that could bring in more income for me, so that takes precedence at this time.

I still have some "free" time at work most weeks where I can work on updating the pages, but given the amount of updates and corrections the page needs, it would require a lot of time, and I'm honestly not sure that I wouldn't rather start over from scratch with a new design using another program.

• Newshawk likes this

#377 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:27 PM

Unfortunately, a great deal of information has been lost.  Thank you newshawk and alan for all your time and efforts.

This thread has clearly run its course.  Time to close and move on.

• Newshawk likes this

spam firewall