Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DirecTV Locals - City By City (v3)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
376 replies to this topic

#121 OFFLINE   foothill17

foothill17

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:21 PM

They've been in test since August 9th. I've been checking every day since then. I didn't believe the article in the Californian was accurate when they said September 26th, but it is looking like they were right. The last week without locals in HD. What will I complain about come Thursday September the 27th. I'm sure Directv will come up with something. :)

Over the last couple of weeks my OTA antenna hasn't been as good as it has been in the past at bringing in our locals, especially 58. With lots of football games on Fox I'm hoping DTV will let me not have to rely on the OTA just use it as a backup.

We'll always come up with something to complain about!! LOL

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#122 OFFLINE   Howie

Howie

Godfather

• Registered
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:37 PM

Our PBS station here in San Antonio, KLRN channel 9, has been down for at least 2 weeks, with the "No need to call us" message on the screen. I just noticed today that KCWX channel 2, which is MyTV, is now in HD, though. This is a recent development. I'd rather have the PBS station back. I hope they will get this fixed soon.

#123 OFFLINE   LamontJoe

LamontJoe

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:10 AM

Well I hope this is the last weekend without local HD here in Bakersfield. I've been checking the D Tv guide for Wednesday and beyond and it still lists our locals 17, 23, 29 and 58 without HD at the end. Because of that, I'm a little hesitant to believe Bakersfield will have local HD on Wednesday morning. I hope I'm wrong!

Edited by LamontJoe, 23 September 2012 - 10:21 AM.

#124 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,270 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:00 AM

Well I hope this is the last weekend without local HD here in Bakersfield. I've been checking the D Tv guide for Wednesday and beyond and it still lists our locals 17, 23, 29 and 58 without HD at the end. Because of that, I'm a little hesitant to believe Bakersfield will have local HD on Wednesday morning. I hope I'm wrong!

Shouldn't KUVI-DT channel 45 (MNT) be included in there?

And HD tags will never appear in the current SD grid cells you see now in the channel guide even after your HD locals go live.

But new duplicate lines of grid cells for the HD channels will appear in the guide with HD tags on programs after they go live.

#125 OFFLINE   CATCRAW

CATCRAW

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:41 AM

When I called DTV yesterday about something else I asked about local programming and they said it was slated for Oct/Nov. I was also warned that if I changed my programming to include locals (when available) I would lose all of my Distant Network channels e/w. Something to consider...

#126 OFFLINE   je4755

je4755

Godfather

• Registered
  • 386 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:12 PM

The local paper recently had an article that indicated that 9/26 (next Wednesday) is the go live date for HD in Bakersfield. That's yet to be seen.

Under the happy assumption Bakersfield in fact will gain local HD on the 26th, I trust Monterey customers soon will be able to access HD LIL as well (a judgment based on gct’s August 9 announcement local HD channels for both markets concurrently had begun testing).

#127 OFFLINE   foothill17

foothill17

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

I'm remaining positive!! I expect to wake up Wednesday morning to HD goodness from DTV.

#128 OFFLINE   LamontJoe

LamontJoe

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:14 PM

It'll be a great Wednesday morning if we have local HD!

#129 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

Meanwhile Monterey-Salinas continues to twist slowly in the wind. Thanks fer nuthin D*!

#130 OFFLINE   antzona

antzona

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:21 PM

I feel like I should call in sick on Wednesday and watch the six hours of the Today show, Family Feud, Price is Right, soap operas, talk shows, and all the other daytime crap on the locals, just because I will be in HD. I hope I didn't just jinx it.

#131 OFFLINE   LamontJoe

LamontJoe

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:45 PM

I feel like I should call in sick on Wednesday and watch the six hours of the Today show, Family Feud, Price is Right, soap operas, talk shows, and all the other daytime crap on the locals, just because I will be in HD. I hope I didn't just jinx it.

Lol oh man, thanks for the belly laugh Antzona, yeah, I'm pretty excited too. Can't believe we can watch the World Series in HD this year!

#132 OFFLINE   antzona

antzona

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:15 PM

And the Super Bowl! We should have them by the 2016 Olympics too!

#133 OFFLINE   irrationalllama

irrationalllama

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:52 AM

HD channels are showing in the app now for Monterey! It's about time!

#134 OFFLINE   DMG

DMG

Legend

• Registered
  • 106 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:33 AM

I can confirm that locals for Monterey/Salinas/Santa Cruz are showing up as HD in the DirecTV app for iPad!

Does that mean 6am local time Wed is the expected time they'd go live?

David

#135 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8,969 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:43 AM

I can confirm that locals for Monterey/Salinas/Santa Cruz are showing up as HD in the DirecTV app for iPad!

That would indeed be the expected go time. :)

Mine showed up in the Guide prior to 6:00 A.M. (around 5:00), but I doubt I would have been able to activate until after 6:00.

~Alan

#136 OFFLINE   foothill17

foothill17

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:19 AM

David

Is the HD designation definitely new as of today? Bakersfield channels are showing up as HD also, but I can't say if this is new, since I don't usually use the phone app.

#137 OFFLINE   irrationalllama

irrationalllama

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:28 AM

Yes. I have it set to show SD duplicates. They were not there last night and are this morning.

#138 OFFLINE   foothill17

foothill17

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:32 AM

Yes. I have it set to show SD duplicates. They were not there last night and are this morning.

Sounds quite promising for tomorrow being the DAY!!

#139 OFFLINE   je4755

je4755

Godfather

• Registered
  • 386 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:32 AM

If true, hallelujah!

#140 OFFLINE   LamontJoe

LamontJoe

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:37 PM

Well, it looks like its really happening tomorrow! Its been a long time.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...