Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Contract

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   knoxbh

knoxbh

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:38 PM

Where do I find out where my contract situation is located? I have checked my account on Directv and cannot find out if my contract has expired.
Finally made 86 - looking forward to 87!!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,433 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:42 PM

800-DIRECTV

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#3 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,907 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:42 PM

Call.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#4 OFFLINE   unixguru

unixguru

Godfather

• Registered
  • 570 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:45 AM

Where do I find out where my contract situation is located? I have checked my account on Directv and cannot find out if my contract has expired.

Why in the world would you expect to see account information on the web? :rolleyes: Or even more strange, change it? :grin:

That would be so... 21st century... and we at D* use our DVRs to keep living life in the 20th century!

:nono2:

#5 OFFLINE   mitchflorida

mitchflorida

Godfather

• Registered
  • 423 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:47 AM

Look online for your oldest statement. it will show your install date, just add two years.

#6 OFFLINE   unixguru

unixguru

Godfather

• Registered
  • 570 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:48 AM

Call.

Thanks for the good laugh! Your signature and post have a special meaning where D* is concerned!!

#7 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,684 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:16 AM

Look online for your oldest statement. it will show your install date, just add two years.

They don't keep them online that long, only the past 24 months. Even if they did, you'd have to factor in any equipment upgrades etc that restarted a commitment.

#8 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:47 AM

Best way is to call
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

#9 OFFLINE   Jon J

Jon J

Grouch Extrordinaire

• Registered
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationMusic City, USA

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:49 AM

Why in the world would you expect to see account information on the web?

Because it was there once upon a time? ;)
When news breaks...we fix it.

#10 OFFLINE   knoxbh

knoxbh

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:41 PM

Thanks for the replies. Called Directv and am free and clear now on a monthly basis. Good to know as considering FIOS tv (already have phone and internet) as they have just started connecting in my neighborhood this past 2 weeks. Maybe can eliminate the daily rain fade here in Florida with hurricane season coming up. Only thing keeping me with Directv was the football package and have no interest anymore. FIOS has both the hockey and baseball packages which we watch the most plus a few channels which Directv does not have. Been with Directv since 1996 and enjoyed every minute - time to move on.

Thanks again.
Finally made 86 - looking forward to 87!!

spam firewall