Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Your tv does not support this program's content protection

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   vthokies1996

vthokies1996

Legend

• Registered
  • 136 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:34 PM

I have an HR34 and lately I've noticed when going to some of the movie channels I occasionally see the error: your tv does not support this program's content protection.

I have an HDMI cable going directly from the tv to the HR34. The message briefly appears, for less than a second. I looked online and it appears that when people get this error it completely prevents them from watching the channel. I only see it briefly and have never had it prevent me from viewing a program.

Any idea how I get this error message to stop appearing?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,966 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:42 PM

timeout at DVR's side is too short - your TV is responding slow for the settings (it's hardcoded in DVR FW)
you'll need to update the TV's FW or complain (provide maker, model and FW version of your TV) and wait when DTV will fix it

#3 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,661 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:43 PM

I have an HR34 and lately I've noticed when going to some of the movie channels I occasionally see the error: your tv does not support this program's content protection.

I have an HDMI cable going directly from the tv to the HR34. The message briefly appears, for less than a second. I looked online and it appears that when people get this error it completely prevents them from watching the channel. I only see it briefly and have never had it prevent me from viewing a program.

Any idea how I get this error message to stop appearing?

It comes from the hdmi handshaking between the set and the set and the dvr. The message appears too quickly because the handshake is not done The only solution is for directv to change the timing on the message. I see it when I go to a premium the first time.

Not sure but I think the error is less likely to appear if you have native off and set to one resolution but I haven't actually tried that.

It annoys me and I actually hold my breath at times because the latest software from directv has not exactly been stellar with hdmi but they have to add it for copy protect.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#4 OFFLINE   vthokies1996

vthokies1996

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 136 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:49 PM

Ok. I'll try to see about updating the FW for the tv. Everytime I have seen it the message only appears for a split second. I actually had to google the first few words of the message since I was only able to read the first few words before it disappeared. Thanks everyone for the quick response.

#5 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,661 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:55 PM

My tv is 6 years old. No update. But I'm also going through an AVR. The error message shows up too soon.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV

#6 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,966 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:38 PM

Then you should try update AVR FW

There is no such thing "too soon" - check in HDMI daigs how many reties your DVR did for establish HDCP.

#7 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,661 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:40 PM

Then you should try update AVR FW

Fully up to date. It tells me when there is an update. Error message is too fast.

I only get hdmi issues with directv. Nothing else.

#8 OFFLINE   georule

georule

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:52 PM

Try cold-rebooting the TV and see if that helps. Unplug it from the wall for 30 secs or so, then plug it back in and fire it up. I've seen that make a difference on HDMI stuff for some modern HDTV as "the poor man's firmware update".

Once in a great while I'll get that message for a second or so on DirecTV and then it goes away and everything is cool.

Edited by georule, 13 July 2012 - 10:06 PM.

LR(non-CE): HR44, Mits 65C9; Office/FR (CE): HR22-100 + AM21, Mits 60737 + Mits 3DA1 3D adapter. Spare bedroom (non-CE), HR23. Genie WHDVR, wireless networking (yay!)

#9 OFFLINE   unixguru

unixguru

Godfather

• Registered
  • 579 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:31 AM

The HR34 is bug central for HDCP.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...