Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV & ESPN Message Board

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Registered
  • 278 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:15 AM

Does anyone post in the ESPN message boards? I use to but haven't been able to post anything which, up looking back, might have something to do with my former TWC? I am signed in, can read all the boards, but i can't post my responses like i used to. In the Forums there would be a "Link" like "Reply" or "New Thread" like they have in here. I can't reply to anyone at ESPN because there's no response "links" there either. Anyone?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 278 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:28 PM

Wow, 439 views but no responses? No one posts at ESPN?

#3 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:37 AM

Wow, 439 views but no responses? No one posts at ESPN?

It looks that way.

#4 OFFLINE   bidger

bidger

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:58 AM

I checked their boards quite awhile back and it was a virtual toilet. Never went back.

Ceton 6 tuner eth, Cisco Tuning Adapter 1520, TWC Digital Explorer Pak and Standard Internet, TiVo HD (upgraded to 500 GB) for OTA,TC-P50U50, SONY NSZ-GT1 BD player and Google TV box, Yamaha RX-V373 A/V receiver, Squeezebox Duet music streaming device, Xbox 360 

#5 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,418 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:00 AM

what does this have to do with DirecTV?

#6 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 278 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:54 PM

what does this have to do with DirecTV?

Because it happened ever since i switched to DIRECTV 2 months ago. I had posts at ESPN right up to the day before the installer came. To get ready for the install i disconnected TWC the night before, and since then i can't post on ESPN on DirecTV. All i'm trying to figure out is if someone on DirecTV can post on the ESPN message boards to find out if it's DirecTV or some other problem.

#7 OFFLINE   longrider

longrider

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,281 posts
  • LocationElizabeth, CO

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

Did you switch internet providers when you cancelled TWC? This sounds like a login cookie issue and I would try clearing your cookies and relogging in to ESPN
My Setup

#8 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 278 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:28 PM

Did you switch internet providers when you cancelled TWC? This sounds like a login cookie issue and I would try clearing your cookies and relogging in to ESPN

No, i kept TWC as my Internet provider, just switched the cable for DirecTV. I've logged on like usual, says so up top that my name is OK. And like i said, i can read all the forums, but the difference is i can't post in them because there's no "link" to post. Every other website that i use that you have to sign in, like this, allows this no problem. On TWC everything was fine.

#9 OFFLINE   bixler

bixler

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:58 PM

No, i kept TWC as my Internet provider, just switched the cable for DirecTV. I've logged on like usual, says so up top that my name is OK. And like i said, i can read all the forums, but the difference is i can't post in them because there's no "link" to post. Every other website that i use that you have to sign in, like this, allows this no problem. On TWC everything was fine.

Log out and log back in....it might look like you are logged in but maybe you really aren't?
Slimline5.....SWM 8.....SWS-8 8 way splitter
PI feeds SWS-8 splitter and HR 21-100 in Media Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Family Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12 wireless ethernet connection via Linksys WET610N
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Master Bedroom 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds H 21-100 in Guest Bedroom 0x45d2 3:27am 6/27/12

#10 OFFLINE   swyman18

swyman18

Legend

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:26 AM

This thread is fascinating to me. It's late and maybe I'm losing my mind, but are you saying that you're wondering if subscribing to DirecTV would have an impact on your ability to post to the message boards on ESPN.com?

#11 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 278 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:37 AM

This thread is fascinating to me. It's late and maybe I'm losing my mind, but are you saying that you're wondering if subscribing to DirecTV would have an impact on your ability to post to the message boards on ESPN.com?

Yes. But i now know the reason why. My TWC ESPN account was my old acct. under my new e-mail address. It's weird, but, at least in my case, my new e-mail addy would get me in but not to post, what i realized is my old e-mail and password, which i thought was no longer in affect, gets me full access. What was confusing was when i went to DirecTV, the ESPN acct. was not fully implemented. So even though i could sign in and out, only my old e-mail/password allowed me to post. That's why i said i could read but couldn't post. So i decided to keep my old email/addy when signing in to ESPN.......and keep my new addy for everything else. Hope that makes sense...LOL.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...