Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

beIN Sport USA Channels

• Please log in to reply
466 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Rebollos

Rebollos

AllStar

• Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:18 PM

Any info if Directv will be adding these channels August 1st?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   espnjason

espnjason

Armchair Referee

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:16 PM

According to another message board, beIN Sports may be on the sports pack for English based packages and any mas package. The details are not clear right now though.

DirecTV has been real good with carrying La Liga matches in the past few years, I hope that will continue because I'm becoming a huge Barcelona fan.

Subscribed to DirecTV for NFL Sunday Ticket, remained a subscriber for international football.

#3 OFFLINE   electrober6

electrober6

AllStar

• Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

According to another message board, beIN Sports may be on the sports pack for English based packages and any mas package. The details are not clear right now though.

DirecTV has been real good with carrying La Liga matches in the past few years, I hope that will continue because I'm becoming a huge Barcelona fan.

+1 :icon_bb:

HR24 500 DVR + Samsung LED 55" + AV Reciever Onkyo TX-NR609 (20 Years with Directv)

#4 OFFLINE   shyvoodoo

shyvoodoo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:30 PM

Source?? or is this just speculation??
I've been following them on twitter and they haven't said anything yet....

ben
voodoo

#5 OFFLINE   espnjason

espnjason

Armchair Referee

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:19 PM

Source?? or is this just speculation??
I've been following them on twitter and they haven't said anything yet...

Something like this wouldn't be on twitter until it is a fact. I found out the tidbit from the BigSoccer message board.

link to posting

Attached Thumbnails

• beinsportdirectv.jpg

#6 OFFLINE   shyvoodoo

shyvoodoo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:36 AM

Something like this wouldn't be on twitter until it is a fact. I found out the tidbit from the BigSoccer message board.

Who/What are the "tells"?? The Comcast Cable guy??
Look we all want this channel(s), lets wait until Aug. 1st and lets go from there..

ben
voodoo

#7 OFFLINE   TJNash

TJNash

AllStar

• Registered
  • 160 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:33 PM

Please tell me you are not using Oliver as a reliable source here. You do realize he's almost always wrong, and even when he's right, it's likely just a mistake on his part?

#8 OFFLINE   espnjason

espnjason

Armchair Referee

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

Please tell me you are not using Oliver as a reliable source here. You do realize he's almost always wrong, and even when he's right, it's likely just a mistake on his part?

That's why I said the details are not clear right now. I don't know of him as well as you do on the Big Soccer board. But I was clearly surprised he was able to pinpoint the packages beIN was going to be on.

Please don't hang me on this issue, I want beIN to be on D* just as bad as any soccer fan here.

Subscribed to DirecTV for NFL Sunday Ticket, remained a subscriber for international football.

#9 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

I would love these channels. As a soccer fan, this is a must-have channel. :) Not that I can watch it an awful lot due to the time differences, but catching a game in the weekend is nice!
[Disclaimer] The definition of "soon" is based solely on DirecTV's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "soon" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I am the Stig.

#10 OFFLINE   larryharry59

larryharry59

Mentor

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:51 PM

That's why I said the details are not clear right now. I don't know of him as well as you do on the Big Soccer board. But I was clearly surprised he was able to pinpoint the packages beIN was going to be on.

Please don't hang me on this issue, I want beIN to be on D* just as bad as any soccer fan here.

Its ok. Oliver aka Huhe has made many people believe in his far-fetched stories. Basically he is the story of the biy who cried wolf. That he has been wrong so many times we basically don't believe him anymore.

#11 OFFLINE   Steady Teddy

Steady Teddy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 282 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:45 AM

Sorry for going a bit off topic, but does anyone know how long D* has a contract with Gol TV? This channel seems like a waste of bandwdth and $$$ at this point.

Genie HR44 --> Marantz AV8801 --> Sony XBRX55HX950

Mini Genie --> Sony XBR55HX950

#12 OFFLINE   shoplifter

shoplifter

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:00 AM

GolTV still has the Bundesliga, and quite a bit of South American stuff going on. Losing La Liga certainly didn't help it, but there's still enough content. Whether it survives is another question entirely.

#13 OFFLINE   GiantsFan383

GiantsFan383

Legend

• Registered
  • 135 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:59 AM

Just a guess but being that dish has al jazzera sport channel already they might be an option of having bein.
dish network AT250

#14 OFFLINE   TJNash

TJNash

AllStar

• Registered
  • 160 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:29 AM

Not hanging you at all. As for pinpointing packages, we could all do the same. Of course be-IN will be part of the Sports Pack if they cut a deal. I hope D* also cuts a deal with be-IN.

#15 OFFLINE   fsquid

fsquid

Godfather

• Registered
  • 339 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, FL

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:58 PM

GolTV still has the Bundesliga, and quite a bit of South American stuff going on. Losing La Liga certainly didn't help it, but there's still enough content. Whether it survives is another question entirely.

I think GOLTV was founded as a way to bring Central/South American soccer to the US spanish speaking audience. I think they are still accomplishing that mission even with losing La Liga.

#16 OFFLINE   juventuz

juventuz

Legend

• Registered
  • 222 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:15 PM

Interestingly, over on one of the DISH forums they're saying that beIN Sports is showing up as testing. Is there any way for someone here to check one of the birds?

#17 OFFLINE   espnjason

espnjason

Armchair Referee

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:03 AM

Interestingly, over on one of the DISH forums they're saying that beIN Sports is showing up as testing. Is there any way for someone here to check one of the birds?

He goes by Sixto, just follow this thread.

Just so you will understand, if any channel shows up as testing on DirecTV, it would launch a week or two later in most cases.

We would prefer the August 1st launch date although it isn't worth the effort if not much will be shown live at first. With that said, the real target date should be the 8th since channels usually launch on a Wednesday and the first live match is scheduled for August 10th when the French Ligue 1 has its opening match.

#18 OFFLINE   Rebollos

Rebollos

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:45 PM

Any news? I heard Directv will carry these channels, but nothing official yet.

#19 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:59 PM

Any news? I heard Directv will carry these channels, but nothing official yet.

Typically with DirecTV, they don't announce anything, and DirecTV employees aren't allowed to reveal anything..... until about 48-24 hours before the actual launch.

More often then not, we will find out through Sixto's reports whether a channel is in test before we find out anything official from DirecTV.

With NEW channels, an announcement may come sooner than e.g. an existing channel launching in HD.

Edited by maartena, 23 July 2012 - 01:08 PM.

[Disclaimer] The definition of "soon" is based solely on DirecTV's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "soon" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I am the Stig.

#20 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:37 PM

750, 751, 752 are now in the guide. It looks like 750 will be an Olympic Mix channel , 751 will be Soccer and 752 Basketball.
.......... There are none so blind as those who can not see it in HD.
.......... Directv customer since January 2000.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...