Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Spiderman

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,115 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:42 PM

Wondering what anyone that's seen the new Spider-Man thought of it. We saw it to tonight. I think I liked it more than the Toby McGuire versions, it was actually really good. Generally, I'm pretty much over 3D, but we did see this one in 3D. I do have to admit the web swinging scenes were fun in 3D.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jeffshoaf

jeffshoaf

Icon

• Registered
  • 632 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:40 PM

Although I like the Toby McGuire version better, I do like that they made Peter Parker's intelligence an important part of the story - in the other version, it was talked about but didn't really come into play in the plots except to put him in contact with other characters. I also thought that the other versions did a better job with Spidey's banter.

I thought that they took a lot of effort to make sure they didn't duplicate any scenes from the others.

Not sure this is a spoiler, but just in case:
Spoiler

#3 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 13,115 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

I should also say, my opinions come from someone that did not read the comic books, so might have a different perspective than a scholar on the subject.

Though, thinking back on the other version, I think Doc Ock is my favorite villain that's been done.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...