Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Lost channel logos!! How do I get them back??

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   syphix

syphix

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:58 PM

My channel logos on the guide (and on the show banner) are missing!! How do I get them back??
Nathan
setup:
- 50" Plasma 1080p HDTV (Samsung PN50A760), 46" LCD 1080p HDTV (Samsung LN-T4665F), 32" LCD 720p HDTV (Insignia). 1 Hopper, 2 Joeys.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:37 PM

A jeweler's loupe and a tiny paintbrush. It'll only work for the first couple channels, though.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#3 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,420 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:44 PM

If it works like the 922 (where the firmware got its start), IF you lose the logos, they only seem to come back when the unit is in standby. Times on my 922 when I have lost logos, I have to put it in standby for at least an hour and then it sometimes will recover the logos during that time.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,700 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

Strange case and cure - these logos are a part of SW. Perhaps cold reboot is the right answer...

#5 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,420 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:23 PM

Strange case and cure - these logos are a part of SW. Perhaps cold reboot is the right answer...

At least as far as the 922 goes... sometimes a reboot does unstick the problem that was causing the missing logos... but in my experience they still wouldn't re-populate until I put the receiver in standby.

I know it *should* be capable of refreshing while the receiver is on... but mine has always required a short time of standby to recover.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#6 OFFLINE   syphix

syphix

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:10 AM

A reboot didn't restore them. But...(as Stewart suggested)

It must have updated in the overnight. Logos are back. Didn't realize how much I appreciate them until I lost them!!
Nathan
setup:
- 50" Plasma 1080p HDTV (Samsung PN50A760), 46" LCD 1080p HDTV (Samsung LN-T4665F), 32" LCD 720p HDTV (Insignia). 1 Hopper, 2 Joeys.

#7 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,208 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:21 AM

Logos are just one of the many things that get downloaded (via satellite) when the receiver isn't busy.

#8 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,700 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:06 AM

Logos are just one of the many things that get downloaded (via satellite) when the receiver isn't busy.

Not for 922/813 models what extensively using these logos in different formats.

#9 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:00 PM

I still say my method works. Sure there's some image persistence but eventually you won't notice it.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#10 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,700 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

I still say my method works. Sure there's some image persistence but eventually you won't notice it.

A jeweler's loupe and a tiny paintbrush ? :D

spam firewall