Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

You Are Kidding....Right?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   golfnut-n-nh

golfnut-n-nh

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:14 AM

The saga continues. Just this morning all of the 700 series channels for the British Open were blacked out with the DirecTV logo being displayed and music playing in the background. :nono2: No mix channel or other dedicated channels. I reauthorized my receiver online, AGAIN, and will see the results when I get home.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:08 PM

I've never heard of a place where the ratio is 1:1. I usually had at least fifteen mechanics working for me. A good supervisor should be able to know how well the people working for them are doing. I had to do a yearly review of each mechanic (various trades) and if I thought someone was not doing his job or was just plain incompetent, I had to be able to back that up or suffer consequences myself. Doesn't seem to be the case with D*'s supervisors. They do seem to know more that their CSRs, tho.

Well they do run into issues if there agents are not performing well and can get fired quickly for attrition (i.e. if enough agents get fired for not performing well ;)).
I think the thing is, Most agents should be taking at least 50-60 calls a day if they are performing well. For a supervisor to listen in on real time regularly to make sure there agents arn't lying/giving misinformation would take up far to much time.

Like I said they handle the more day to day things like , average handle time, and how many survey calls/ratings they pull in per day. They then take the QA grades the agent gets per week and puts it all together to see where the agent stands. If the agent isnt fairing well then they'll probably put them on action plan (like "Fix QA grades in 2 weeks or get written up/Fired ect.)

Best to call in the morning?

Pretty much yeah. Its also a good idea to ask how long the agent has been there that day, if they say an hour or two you can probably bet the farm there still trying to look good for the camera ;)

The saga continues. Just this morning all of the 700 series channels for the British Open were blacked out with the DirecTV logo being displayed and music playing in the background. No mix channel or other dedicated channels. I reauthorized my receiver online, AGAIN, and will see the results when I get home.

Authorization issues would result in you seeing a screen that says you dont subscribe to that package, not a screen telling you the channel is blacked out.

Would it be to much of a stretch to assume the game really is blacked out and you dont entirely understand the process and nature of black outs?

#43 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:18 PM

A logo and music is not the same as a blackout message.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#44 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

Oh derp I thought he said it had the blackout message on it.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...