Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hula tv

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   westview

westview

Mentor

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:52 AM

What do I need to get Hula? I have an erthenet cable to my Direct DVR. Will this work?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ladannen

ladannen

Legend

• Registered
  • 227 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:57 AM

OK I'll bite.
What exactly is Hula? And why would DirecTV require a ethernet connection for it?

Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,068 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:03 PM

Do you mean Hulu?

If so you can't view Hulu content through your DirecTV dvr. You'd need either a computer or a device capable of streaming Hulu content like an Xbox360, Roku, etc.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#4 OFFLINE   fleckrj

fleckrj

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationCary, NC

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:37 PM

PlayOnTV will allow you to send Hulu from your computer to your TV if they are both connected to your home network, but it is SD only.

Some smartphones have a mini HDMI connector and will play Hulu directly to your TV.

Some TVs (e.g., Panasonic Viera Connect) and Bluray players can access Hulu directly.

Roku boxes will access Hulu.

#5 OFFLINE   shendley

shendley

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:53 PM

Just got the Roku HD Streaming device to stream The Daily Show and Colbert Report from Hulu as long as the difficulties with Viacom continue. Increadibly easy to get up and running, identified my wireless network immediately. Had an initial problem with Hulu (but not another service) hanging up intermittently, but that appeared to be an issue with intermittent connection failures (or something like that) with my internet provider. Now that's fixed, it not only works fine, but looks much better than anything I've been able to stream through my Panasonic Blu Ray Player.

AU9, SWM8
Panasonic TH-58PX60U, HDMI to HR44-100, Native, DD, HDMI to Pioneer VSX-1123-k Receiver, Harmony One, Networked with Ethernet Cable, 35/4 Mbps DSL.
Panasonic TH-42PD50U, Component to HR 24-100, Antec MX-1 w. WD10EVDS ESata, Native, DD, DTV Remote.
Panasonic TC-L32X2, HDMI to C41-100, DTV Remote.
Whole Home.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...