Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HR24 series recording question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Datagg

Datagg

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:20 PM

Its a real pain.. For instance..Scenario. Lizard lick has a replay at 11:00 yet first run is at 7. i erase Lizard Lick, then go to the guide and tell it to record series at the 11 time slot.. yet it still insists to record 7 time slot each and every week.

Is there something wrong.. i don't recall this happening before. Why cant I tell the system to record a series at another time, or even another day.. Its a bunch of bull, as there are many times there are shows that collide time wise... Anwyays, system is a HR24. is there a way around this, or is this how Direct TV works.. If so, im gonna blot as that is just crap...

Thanks for your time guys..

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dsw2112

dsw2112

Always Searching

• Registered
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:28 PM

Its a real pain.. For instance..Scenario. Lizard lick has a replay at 11:00 yet first run is at 7. i erase Lizard Lick, then go to the guide and tell it to record series at the 11 time slot.. yet it still insists to record 7 time slot each and every week.

Is there something wrong.. i don't recall this happening before. Why cant I tell the system to record a series at another time, or even another day.. Its a bunch of bull, as there are many times there are shows that collide time wise... Anwyays, system is a HR24. is there a way around this, or is this how Direct TV works.. If so, im gonna blot as that is just crap...

Thanks for your time guys..

You cannot set the replay to record unless you set it up as a manual recording. Even by selecting the replay at 11:00 p.m. when starting a series recording, it will record that episode initially, and then the 7:00 p.m. slot each subsequent time. Back when I had a single DVR (and wanted to watch a live sporting event, or news) I'd go through the to-do list and manually move shows like this to the later time.
SL3-Slimline to SWM16 - DECA
HR34-700, HR24-500, & HR22-100

#3 OFFLINE   Datagg

Datagg

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:22 PM

You cannot set the replay to record unless you set it up as a manual recording. Even by selecting the replay at 11:00 p.m. when starting a series recording, it will record that episode initially, and then the 7:00 p.m. slot each subsequent time. Back when I had a single DVR (and wanted to watch a live sporting event, or news) I'd go through the to-do list and manually move shows like this to the later time.

Thank you for the reply... I did delete the recording in the manager.. Then went to the guide to the day and time, double pressed record for series and it said set... That's was the 11 slot... yet it wants to do only the 7. For kicks i went into the guide and looked at next weeks, il be damned it if didn't show the 7 slot marked, not the 11.. It and anything else I try to set for a series record at a later time slot will not stay, it jumps right to the first played version. I know I can mark manually meaning that particular episode , but that completely decimates setting it up for a series record.

Had Direct for a year now and i don't recall it behaving this way.... Perhaps newest update borked something, i dunno...

#4 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,685 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:44 AM

That's the way its supposed to work, and all dvrs I have ever seen work like that. It records the first airing of a new episode it can. If this is creating a conflict, what you need to do is make sure the other shows you want recorded earlier are higher up in the priority list, and then it will push the recording of that show to the latter time slot because it will be busy recording your other shows at the 7 time slot.

#5 OFFLINE   Datagg

Datagg

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:11 AM

That's the way its supposed to work, and all dvrs I have ever seen work like that. It records the first airing of a new episode it can. If this is creating a conflict, what you need to do is make sure the other shows you want recorded earlier are higher up in the priority list, and then it will push the recording of that show to the latter time slot because it will be busy recording your other shows at the 7 time slot.

ahh I see... Seen that message before, yet didn't realize it would push forward like that. Awesome, thank you....

#6 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:43 PM

Exactly, like Inkhauts said move Lizard Lick to the bottom of your series prioritizer. From then on it will record the 7PM show if a tuner is available, or if you have 2 other things already recording at that time with higher priority the DVR will automatically cancel the 7PM recording of Lizard Lick and record the 11PM airing instead. You don't have to do anything.

Don't be concerned if the To-Do List doesn't show that the 11PM airing will be recorded, most of the time they don't show up in there but it still ends up recording just fine.

This feature really works great. For example you can usually make sure all of your recordings for the national OTA stations (ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC) are all near the top of your priority list because those shows normally don't get repeated. But most shows on channels like USA, FX, TNT, HBO, Showtime, etc get repeated many times during a week, so you place them lower on the priority list. Usually this will allow you to record pretty much anything you want without having to babysit the To-Do list.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

spam firewall