Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Directv offering $5 credit for 3 months and free showtime for 6 months?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 921 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

Nothing is being given automatically aside from the programming (encore, disney jr etc.) and everyone that jumps on the bandwagon just to get some free $10 discounts remember this when you are bellyaching in a few months because you cant get an upgrade because you had too much credit this year...just sayin.
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Taltizer

Taltizer

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

Well if nothing is being given automatically like the $10.00 monthly off than someone at directv needs to notify some of there csr's because thats where its coming from their own mouths.I for one heard it first hand.And the offer was placed on my account for one year along with other things i never even asked for.Im not belly aching im just saying first hand.

#23 OFFLINE   lesz

lesz

Legend

• Registered
  • 209 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

I think that the credits that people are being offered have little to do with the Viacom situation. Instead, they are credits that those customers, based on their account history, account status, etc. would have been eligible for anyway, regardless of the Viacom situation. If someone is being offered a credit of $10 per month for 12 months, my guess would be that that customer is not currently getting any other credit off of their basic programming package, and I'd guess that those who are being offered free Starz or free Showtime for 6 months are not currently getting any free premium programming.

#24 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 921 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:41 PM

Well if nothing is being given automatically like the $10.00 monthly off than someone at directv needs to notify some of there csr's because thats where its coming from their own mouths.I for one heard it first hand.And the offer was placed on my account for one year along with other things i never even asked for.Im not belly aching im just saying first hand.

The discounts in place for Viacom dont even include an offer for one year so whomever told you that was mistaken. After the massive flood of people calling in demanding discounts for this there's no telling what a CSR told you or anyone elses. I am just trying to clear the air. Once again NOTHING is applied automatically aside from the channels beeing added. And i wasn't saying you are bellyaching, I was referring to the people you see posting on here because they don't get the same great equipment discount or programming deals as everyone else. Each individual account is treated differnetly , someone who has had say 600. worth of credit applied already this year will not get the same deal as someone who hasn't had any credit at all.
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

#25 OFFLINE   linuspbmo

linuspbmo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:20 PM

I called in last week and asked the CSR if they had any idea when the dispute would be settled. She said it should be soon and since I was a valued customer she offered me 6 months of Starz and Showtime for free and $5 off for 3 months. Gee thanks!

#26 OFFLINE   Bradman

Bradman

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:48 PM

I think that the credits that people are being offered have little to do with the Viacom situation. Instead, they are credits that those customers, based on their account history, account status, etc. would have been eligible for anyway, regardless of the Viacom situation. If someone is being offered a credit of $10 per month for 12 months, my guess would be that that customer is not currently getting any other credit off of their basic programming package, and I'd guess that those who are being offered free Starz or free Showtime for 6 months are not currently getting any free premium programming.

I have several other credits and get MLB EI and NFL ST for discounted rates.

#27 OFFLINE   heidic

heidic

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:33 AM

I think that the credits that people are being offered have little to do with the Viacom situation. Instead, they are credits that those customers, based on their account history, account status, etc. would have been eligible for anyway, regardless of the Viacom situation.

I called in just prior to the Viacom situation and, without asking for it, was given $5 off for 3 months and 3 free months of Showtime. So yeah, I think the credits are being used to appease people now, but they were probably there anyway.

#28 OFFLINE   Deputy228

Deputy228

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:38 AM

They would only give me the 5 for 3 months,no other offerings.

#29 OFFLINE   toneman

toneman

Legend

• Registered
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:07 AM

Probably right--I called yesterday asking D* as to what they would be willing to offer me to appease my displeasure over the D*-Viacom issue; the rep initially offered me only Starz for 6 months--I told them that my kids don't watch Starz (obviously, they prefer Nick over Starz) and that he'd have to do better than that; he eventually threw in Showtime for 6 months and $10/month credit off my bill for 12 months as well. Not sure if by enabling Showtime it also enables TMC as well, since past free preview offers have included Showtime but no TMC, and vice-versa...but for whatever reason I now get TMC as well as the aforementioned Starz and Showtime.

I also noticed that D* has since offered Encore by default (i.e., no asking) in the short term to all customers as a way to keep them happy in regards to the Viacom situation, FWIW.

spam firewall