Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Just ordered Hopper - replacing 922

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   insimbi

insimbi

AllStar

• Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:43 PM

I'm on my 2nd 922 and it's freezing constantly. Being fed up with it, I called Dish this morning and upgraded to the Hopper (another 24-month contract).

Did I make the right decision? I really want HD on the other 2 TV's I have - not just the main family room one. So that's what is appealing to me. But, I want to make sure I didn't make a mistake. The Hopper has the same interface as the 922 I believe - so it should look the same (guide, logos, etc).

The installer is scheduled to come out tomorrow. I hope I made the right decision???

:confused:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   insimbi

insimbi

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:53 PM

One more thing, will I be able to keep my current dish on the roof, or do the need to replace that for some reason? It's the newer black dish.

#3 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

no dish change required.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#4 OFFLINE   3HaloODST

3HaloODST

Godfather

• Registered
  • 468 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:32 PM

You have made the right decision but you'll need 2 Joeys to go along with that Hopper if you want a 2nd and 3rd TV.

#5 OFFLINE   crabtrp

crabtrp

Legend

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:44 PM

My hopper & Joey setup > my old 922 by a long way.

#6 OFFLINE   insimbi

insimbi

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

Thanks guys. I just had a Hopper and 2 Joey's installed today - install went great. Is it normal to pay $7 per Joey? I thought the first one was free, and any additional were $7? Am I wrong?

#7 OFFLINE   strikes2k

strikes2k

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:40 PM

Thanks guys. I just had a Hopper and 2 Joey's installed today - install went great. Is it normal to pay $7 per Joey? I thought the first one was free, and any additional were $7? Am I wrong?

I believe the first hopper is free and every additional device, joey or hopper, is $7.

spam firewall