Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Free but NOT FREE!!

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   alacazam

alacazam

Mentor

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:53 PM

Been a DirecTV customer since 11/2011 and I am in the process of moving. Called to get the FREE movers deal but I was told by the CSR that it would cost me $129.00 to have a new dish installed and my receivers (3) hooked back up at my new residence. Whats up with this?????

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Taltizer

Taltizer

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:59 PM

Go to this website send them and email give them up to 24 hours to get in touch with you and they will be able to help you. Its to the office of the president at Directv. They help get alot of issues resolved.It should cost you nothing to have your service moved to my knowledge.I hope this can help you its helped me alot in the past.

http://www.directv.c...60016#h:546.751

#3 OFFLINE   cariera

cariera

Icon

• Registered
  • 862 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:03 PM

Been a DirecTV customer since 11/2011 and I am in the process of moving. Called to get the FREE movers deal but I was told by the CSR that it would cost me $129.00 to have a new dish installed and my receivers (3) hooked back up at my new residence. Whats up with this?????

Probably the fine print:

http://www.directv.c.../content/movers

I don't believe the Movers Deal is being advertised as "free" at this time

"DIRECTV MOVERS DEAL: Offer expires on 7/18/12. Offer available once in any 12 month period for qualifying customers only. Qualifications based on tenure, package level, payment history and other factors. Sports blackouts and your ability to receive local channels or broadcast networks may be affected by new address. Residential customers only. Offer requires a program agreement of 12 months or 24 months if you took an Advanced Receivers equipment upgrade (HD, DVR, or HD DVR) of any DIRECTV base programming package (priced at $29.99/mo. or above), or any international service bundle. If you have two boxes or one box and an enabled TV, an additional $6/mo. fee applies. For each additional box and/or enabled TV on your account you are charged an additional fee of $6/mo. per box and/or enabled TV. Applicable use tax adjustment may apply on the retail value of installation."

#4 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,364 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:32 PM

Go to this website send them and email give them up to 24 hours to get in touch with you and they will be able to help you. Its to the office of the president at Directv. They help get alot of issues resolved.It should cost you nothing to have your service moved to my knowledge.I hope this can help you its helped me alot in the past.

http://www.directv.com

It does pay to read the terms of the contract.

I hope a lot of people aren't just contacting that office routinely; kinda defeats its purpose, and we all pay a bit more.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#5 OFFLINE   cariera

cariera

Icon

• Registered
  • 862 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:39 PM

Been a DirecTV customer since 11/2011

Sorry I missed this the first time. You have been a customer for less than a year, there definitely will be a cost for the Movers Program

#6 OFFLINE   Taltizer

Taltizer

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:05 PM

I does help to contact that office routinely when you cant get what help you need by going the regular routes you are supposed to go and thats what that office is the for to help you when you need it.And it seems were all paying more and more for less and less these days as our costs rise for everything.I pay around $200.00 a month for my service and would like to get good service when i have a problem with that service.

#7 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:20 PM

I does help to contact that office routinely when you cant get what help you need by going the regular routes you are supposed to go and thats what that office is the for to help you when you need it.And it seems were all paying more and more for less and less these days as our costs rise for everything.I pay around $200.00 a month for my service and would like to get good service when i have a problem with that service.

not for things like this that can be handled by reading the terms of agreement or a call to customer service
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

#8 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,364 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:08 PM

not for things like this that can be handled by reading the terms of agreement or a call to customer service

Not to mention posting here! :nono2:

When the OoP gets overburdened with routine stuff, it loses (not looses) its clout for important matters.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#9 OFFLINE   Taltizer

Taltizer

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:10 PM

No maybe no a customer that has had service for less than a year but for a customer that cant get good helpful service going thru normal means or getting good trained CSR's.

#10 OFFLINE   cariera

cariera

Icon

• Registered
  • 862 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:25 PM

No maybe no a customer that has had service for less than a year but for a customer that cant get good helpful service going thru normal means or getting good trained CSR's.

Who says he is not getting good helpful service or getting a well trained CSR?

Just because there is a cost involved in setting up the Movers Program for him, does not mean that either of those things are not happening.

#11 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,556 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:39 PM

In my opinion, the CSR should explain if someone doesn't qualify for free movers, especially if it's due to tenure.

#12 OFFLINE   Taltizer

Taltizer

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:50 PM

Was not even saying that about his situation i understand now he has had service less than one year and yes there is a cost involved but with others there are times when there are csr's that cant be of good help to you or do not understand something and you just cant get good help and then you have to go thru the office of the president and they are very helpful in getting your problems solved in a timely manner.And i dont understand where others say this cost us all in the long run comes in.Makes no sense.But then again sometimes you cant post to this board to try to help out others without having someone come along that knows it all and tell you you dont know what your talking about or they know better or to criticize you or belittle your comments or try to act like your stupid so why even bother.I know its the movers connection and it should be free but its Directv you should know better you never get anything free there always a catch.Ive had Directv for 17 years and no im not one of the Fan Boyz i dont defend them all the time they take my money like they do yours.So sorry I tried to help theres always others that seem to know it all.

#13 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:10 PM

http://www.directv.c...60016#h:546.751

In my opinion, the CSR should explain if someone doesn't qualify for free movers, especially if it's due to tenure.

I'm betting that he brought up the free promotion with the agent and asked. Seems to me like he just either wanted to vent or wanted someone to give him information on how to get the fee removed.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#14 OFFLINE   alacazam

alacazam

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:43 PM

Thanks to all for your help, answers and comments. I am a customer for less than a year and there isn't anything spelled out in the Movers language that says a person has to be with DirecTV for over a year to be eligible for the free move.
I didn't realize this was the way they treated customers after making such a big deal that this was a FREE service as a way to keep customers or at least help keep them happy and stay with their service as opposed to going with another service.
I am seriously considering just paying the penalty for breaking the customer agreement ( 2 year commitment ) and going back to cable. At least they will come out and connect my equipment at no charge and NO 2 YEAR COMMITMENT. It would almost be worth it to me to pay a little more to do that than to allow them to treat people the way they want to treat them.
In my opinion I am just asking them to be UP FRONT about the REAL cost for the Movers Deal and quit duping people into thinking it's FREE when that isn't really true for everyone.

#15 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,556 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

But it does say on the page, and in the full terms that it's available to qualifying customers, and that it is bass on tenure, package level, payment history etc.

#16 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:04 PM

Why dpeters, that's crazy talk
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

#17 OFFLINE   alacazam

alacazam

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

But it does say on the page, and in the full terms that it's available to qualifying customers, and that it is bass on tenure, package level, payment history etc.

But it doesn't say I have to be a customer for MORE THAN A YEAR!!!! to get the MOVERS DEAL.

It is DECIEVING at best!!! What's wrong with just spelling out ALL the LIMITATIONS UP FRONT? These are the kinds of things that I feel that seperate GREAT companies from the rest that are out there.

#18 OFFLINE   Justin23

Justin23

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:11 PM

And where does it say you automatically get it for free?

#19 ONLINE   mitchflorida

mitchflorida

Godfather

• Registered
  • 438 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:18 PM

You get one free install a year. Is that so difficult to understand?

#20 OFFLINE   bixler

bixler

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:24 PM

But it doesn't say I have to be a customer for MORE THAN A YEAR!!!! to get the MOVERS DEAL.

It is DECIEVING at best!!! What's wrong with just spelling out ALL the LIMITATIONS UP FRONT? These are the kinds of things that I feel that seperate GREAT companies from the rest that are out there.

Didn't you already have a FREE install within the last 12 months??? So it DOES SAY you have to be a customer for MORE THAN A YEAR!!!!

Nothing at all DECEIVING about the terms and conditions. Now maybe if you don't read them you might think you were DECEIVED.

Offer available once in any 12 month period for qualifying customers only.
Slimline5.....SWM 8.....SWS-8 8 way splitter
PI feeds SWS-8 splitter and HR 21-100 in Media Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Family Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12 wireless ethernet connection via Linksys WET610N
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Master Bedroom 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds H 21-100 in Guest Bedroom 0x45d2 3:27am 6/27/12

Protected By... spam firewall...And...