Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2 HR24s. Can I set a series manager for box A using box B

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   StephenJC

StephenJC

Legend

• Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:57 PM

When I see something I want to record, can I use the DVR in my living room to set a series manager on the DVR in my bedroom, and vise versa? They are both HR24s with MRV.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   webby_s

webby_s

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:03 PM

When I see something I want to record, can I use the DVR in my living room to set a series manager on the DVR in my bedroom, and vise versa? They are both HR24s with MRV.

No not yet, you can from an H series to a DVR series.
SlimLine 5LNB SWM 16
HR34-700 -->52" Sharp Aquos LED
H25-100 -->32" Philips Master BD
HR21-100 -->19" Vizio LED Kitchen,
HR24-500 --> 50" Panasonic DLP
Hockey is not a sport in Minnesota, it is life.

#3 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,390 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:23 PM

There are some smartphone apps that will allow you to do this.

Might not be as convenient, but you also don't have to be at home to use them. I was in a sandwich shop having lunch several months ago and they had an episode of Leverage on that I hadn't seen before. I couldn't stay to watch the whole show, so I used my android phone with the DirecTV app and set my home office DVR to start recording the rest of the show.

#4 OFFLINE   allenn

allenn

Icon

• Registered
  • 702 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:47 PM

Sign in to your DirecTV.com account; select DirecTV Everywhere (tool bar); select "The Guide"; and schedule the program you want to record for either HR24. This will work from a PC, Android, iPhone, or other such device. Best wishes!

PrimeStar/DIRECTV subscriber since 10/30/1994.
Roswell, GA (Atlanta Area)
2 D* HR24-100s and AM21s
MRV - D* SWiM LNB, PI-21 module, and Wireless DECA Cinema Connection Kit (CCK-W)
Linksys WRT310N

#5 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:53 AM

As others have pointed out, no you can't do what you want. The other methods point out how to accomplish it though and work fairly well. I do it with my iPad quite often.

The downside is that you can't see the series or recordings you have upcoming on they 'other' HR, nor from the apps or online. That is one reason I am going to be negotiating an HR34 as a replacement for 2 of my HR24s that are located at the same spot.

Lloyd
Receiver : Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

Protected By... spam firewall...And...