Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR22 with wireless to ethernet adapter

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   wco81

wco81

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:43 AM

I have a Linksys WGA600N.

It has worked fine, though the download speeds seem pretty slow.

However, I can only connect to a guest Wifi network, not my primary Wifi network.

I didn't care until I got an iPad and tried to use the Direct TV iPad app for it. The iPad is on the main network (which it needs to be for other reasons, such as communicating with my other computers).

So I tried switching the WGA600N. First, the HR22 won't let you re-select the Wifi network until I reset the WGA600N. Then it displayed the Wifi networks.

But the problem is it doesn't accept the password for it. Only difference I see is that the password has capital letters while the guest network only has lower case letters and numbers.

Obviously you can enter the capital letters in the HR22 UI but it seems like it's not transferring those characters accurately to the WGA600N, which is trying to connect to the Wifi network.

Anyone else encounter this? I guess I could try hooking up the WGA600N to a computer and configuring it through the web admin interface but can the HR22 UI for configuring the network be broken?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   gregftlaud

gregftlaud

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:04 AM

I used to use the Linksys but then I found a Netgear adaptor. This is the best adaptor out there...and so easy to configure:

http://www.amazon.co...wms_ohs_product

#3 OFFLINE   dorfd1

dorfd1

Icon

• Registered
  • 969 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:08 PM

I use the dlink dwl-g730ap on the hr-21. I do have a trendnet tew-654tr but it does mac address translation and does not work well with ipv6. the dwl-g730ap does a more transparent bridging and ipv6 works fine on it. yes I know the receivers do not do ipv6.

#4 OFFLINE   allenn

allenn

Icon

• Registered
  • 702 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

I have a Linksys WGA600N.

.......... I guess I could try hooking up the WGA600N to a computer and configuring it through the web admin interface but can the HR22 UI for configuring the network be broken?

I have a LinkSys WGA600N. You need to hook it up to a PC and re-configure it for the HR22.

PrimeStar/DIRECTV subscriber since 10/30/1994.
Roswell, GA (Atlanta Area)
2 D* HR24-100s and AM21s
MRV - D* SWiM LNB, PI-21 module, and Wireless DECA Cinema Connection Kit (CCK-W)
Linksys WRT310N

Protected By... spam firewall...And...