Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Code 776

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   swans

swans

Legend

• Registered
  • 248 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:15 PM

Background. I had 2 HR21s and an HR20 going through an 8 port switch to a slimline. I also had all wired to my LAN with CAT6 with whole home.

I got an upgrade yesterday to a SWM16, DECA, and an HR34 to replace the HR20. The HR21s are connected via single wires now DECA. The HR34 is connected via the IRD port on the SWM16 power module. The HR34 is showing the 776 and when checking the tuners, tuner 4 does not work.

I haven't physically looked at the SWM16, but I'm wondering if the problem is in how it was installed?
DirecTV: Where customer satisfaction doesn't mean squat! Don't worry though, you still have the FAN BOYS!:hurah:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,700 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:22 PM

I haven't physically looked at the SWM16, but I'm wondering if the problem is in how it was installed?

There are two output on the SWiM-16. One should go to your 34, while the other to your HR21s.
A.K.A VOS

#23 OFFLINE   El Gabito

El Gabito

AllStar

• Registered
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:37 AM

Since this is the only thread coming back when you Google "A satellite dish hardware upgrade is required" here are two solutions I have found:

1) My cabling at the SWM was TOO TIGHT. Oddly, I loosened it and no longer had the SWM-related error messages.

2) I had 9 tuners on an 8 tuner SWM (knew this, one receiver is going back once the programming is removed). Had to disable one tuner to get rid of this message. This just happened today after I had an HR34 installed.

#24 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,700 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:58 AM

Since this is the only thread coming back when you Google "A satellite dish hardware upgrade is required" here are two solutions I have found:

1) My cabling at the SWM was TOO TIGHT. Oddly, I loosened it and no longer had the SWM-related error messages.

2) I had 9 tuners on an 8 tuner SWM (knew this, one receiver is going back once the programming is removed). Had to disable one tuner to get rid of this message. This just happened today after I had an HR34 installed.

#2 is a DUH, which you knew.
#1 is bogus. While a connector shouldn't be "too tight", RF wise it doesn't know any difference until it's "too loose".
I'd be inspecting that connection to see what's wrong with it.
A.K.A VOS

spam firewall