Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Wired infrared for HR34

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MRinDenver

MRinDenver

Legend

• Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:04 AM

Two months after my install, my Harmony One, which worked great with my HR21Pro, is not properly controlling my HR34, located in the exact same spot in my cabinet. The unit is the only thing in my system that has changed. Used to be flawless, now it is frustratingly hit and miss -- mostly miss. Harmony still works great with BDP, AppleTV, Pioneer SC37.

The 34 controls fine thru the dtv app on my iPad, but of course it does not control the rest of my system.

Does anyone on this forum have experience using an infrared receiver plugged into the back of the HR34? I hope to contine to use the Harmony and not go to RF.

If the plug-in control works, it will solve my problem.

Thanks.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man’s religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -- Mark Twain

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,904 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:32 AM

I have tried various things to get this to work, with no success.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   jrobcet

jrobcet

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

I'm interested to hear what problems you are having.

I recently came back to D* and have a HR34. So far I've not had any problems controlling it with my Harmony One....knock on wood :)

#4 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,059 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:29 PM

When I got my HR34 it replaced an HR24 in my main room. I didn't have to make any changes at all to my Harmony 900 and everything works just fine.

Can you be more specific as to what problems you're having?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#5 OFFLINE   MRinDenver

MRinDenver

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:05 PM

I have tried various things to get this to work, with no success.

I am sorry to hear that, but thanks for the info.

For several years, I have been using an external IR receiver/distribution device that connects to the sensor locations on the fronts of my components. This scheme has worked great for all units, including my DTV receivers, inside a closed cabinet.

All my other components continue to respond correctly. For some unknown reason, the HR34 works correctly about one third of the time. Sometimes it does not respond at all. Sometimes it responds, then reverts to the previous setting after one second or less. Occasionally it works correctly. Truly hit or miss.

I have changed out the sending heads, no difference. Removing the attached connection from the HR34 for a direct IR signal makes no difference.

My TV is plasma, and is not in any position to affect the IR signal. I am going to redo the setup completely, including moving the location of the IR receiver. Since it has worked properly for several years and only fails to work with the HR34, I have my doubts that it will help. After that, I am out of ideas,

Any other suggestions will be appreciated. This has been a problem since April install.

Thanks.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man’s religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -- Mark Twain

#6 OFFLINE   mikek

mikek

Godfather

• Registered
  • 417 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:48 AM

Yes, I have the same problem. This is what works for me:

Do not point the remote directly at the IR receiver. This only applies to the HR34. I point the remote about 2 feet to the left or the right and this actually works. I dont know why.

If I am sitting at an angle I can point the remote directly at the receiver. This started when I switched to the HR34.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...