Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

English captions on Univision?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,596 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

How do I turn on English captions on Univision? I'd like to brush up on my Spanish.

DIRECTV customer

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of other DIRECTV customers

My giant list of missing or wrong logos

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dtv757

dtv757

Icon

• Registered
  • 757 posts
  • Location757

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:16 PM

I believe the caption is from the broadcaster. So if the only broadcast captions in Spanish that would be the only option.
But I could be mistaken

DIRECTV customer since SEPT 2000 (1) Genie (2) Genie Mini's (1) HR22-100 (1) HR23-700 all networked, total 10 live tunners!!-------------
SAYING NO TO CABLE .. PRICELESS
There’s good TV there’s better TV and than there’s DIRECTV (the undisputed sports & HD leader in TV)
NOTE: my comments are my own personal options and in no way shape or form represent my employer

#3 OFFLINE   moghedien

moghedien

Legend

• Registered
  • 201 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:31 PM

How do I turn on English captions on Univision? I'd like to brush up on my Spanish.

Menu --> Settings & help --> Settings--> Display --> Captioning (Set Captioning to On and Service 3)

Not all programs will have English captions, if they do, they'll have a "CC3" bug in one corner of the screen... Telemundo usually has English captions for all their primetime shows...

#4 OFFLINE   Rob

Rob

Icon

• Registered
  • 555 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:11 PM

When I was in the Netherlands, I was able to switch between English and other language audios on some on the channels. I think the Spanish Language stations could increase viewers by offering English audio feeds.
It's only tv!

#5 ONLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

Menu --> Settings & help --> Settings--> Display --> Captioning (Set Captioning to On and Service 3)

Not all programs will have English captions, if they do, they'll have a "CC3" bug in one corner of the screen... Telemundo usually has English captions for all their primetime shows...

Good luck with your Spanish. By the way you don't really need to know Spanish to follow the Telenovelas.:)

#6 OFFLINE   whippage

whippage

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

The best programs are the Saturday morning dance programs...they will have you muttering some new Spanish words under your breath every few minutes ;)

...make sure Wifey is still asleep...:D

Protected By... spam firewall...And...