Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Missing logos

• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

#151 OFFLINE   ep1974

ep1974

Legend

• Registered
  • 478 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:10 AM

It's nice to finally have the MAX channels updated! My list is basically the same as yours, TWCSN (691) & BeIn (620) were other additions... Quite a few of the older FSN logos still there. I also noticed SD CBS logo is new.

Still no new logos on my HR 22-100. Hoping they show up soon.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#152 OFFLINE   ezduzit

ezduzit

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:45 AM

Was in touch with Directv was told to unplug receiver for 20 seconds wait 24 hrs. This will reload receiver and generate banner logos. Still no logos after 72 hrs. And I noticed in previous threads that some have the logos is this just a waiting game with Directv updating software. I have had the 8 new HD channels in Feb and an update on March 28 th still no new logos. Does some one know something I don't know?

#153 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,109 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

;)

Was in touch with Directv was told to unplug receiver for 20 seconds wait 24 hrs. This will reload receiver and generate banner logos. Still no logos after 72 hrs. And I noticed in previous threads that some have the logos is this just a waiting game with Directv updating software. I have had the 8 new HD channels in Feb and an update on March 28 th still no new logos. Does some one know something I don't know?

Probably not, but you were given old info. To flush the Guide, you need to do a menu reset twice within 30 seconds. That will not guarantee that logos will be subsequently sent, but you have a much better chance. Some have experienced luck with this, and one tester swears there couldn't be a link.

Good luck!
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#154 OFFLINE   ep1974

ep1974

Legend

• Registered
  • 478 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:22 AM

;)

Probably not, but you were given old info. To flush the Guide, you need to do a menu reset twice within 30 seconds. That will not guarantee that logos will be subsequently sent, but you have a much better chance. Some have experienced luck with this, and one tester swears there couldn't be a link.

Good luck!

I tried to flush the guide a couple of weeks ago, but no luck. Hopefully, all the HD logos will be sent out soon.

#155 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,109 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:58 AM

I tried to flush the guide a couple of weeks ago, but no luck. Hopefully, all the HD logos will be sent out soon.

There's no reason I know of that the Guide won't flush. What is unknown is if that will tickle the logos to be re-sent or not.

What did you do to flush it?

#156 OFFLINE   ep1974

ep1974

Legend

• Registered
  • 478 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:20 AM

There's no reason I know of that the Guide won't flush. What is unknown is if that will tickle the logos to be re-sent or not.

What did you do to flush it?

I did a menu reset twice, one after the other..... Just curious, but the MGM HD logo appears larger. Did they update it recently?

#157 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,109 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

I did a menu reset twice, one after the other..... Just curious, but the MGM HD logo appears larger. Did they update it recently?

Certainly possible. I pay attention to logos only when there's a question about them, so historically, I couldn't say.

#158 OFFLINE   ezduzit

ezduzit

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:35 PM

;)

Good luck!

Thanks for the info. I am not that technically savvy. I have H24/100 receiver how do you flush the guide to reset the guide. Again sorry for being naive about this.

#159 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• Registered
  • 1,864 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:02 PM

They should really add missing channel logos that's been updated months ago, I understand newly HD converted channels that's missing logos then updated afterwards, But all the other ones should of been added a long time ago, Matter of fact they should add it on the guide.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#160 OFFLINE   ep1974

ep1974

Legend

• Registered
  • 478 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:09 PM

They should really add missing channel logos that's been updated months ago, I understand newly HD converted channels that's missing logos then updated afterwards, But all the other ones should of been added a long time ago, Matter of fact they should add it on the guide.

I agree. Wish logos were added to the guide.

#161 OFFLINE   Sea bass

Sea bass

Icon

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:26 PM

I agree. Wish logos were added to the guide.

I'd love logos in the guide. To please everyone, it could be an option in settings. Guide logos on or off.

#162 OFFLINE   ep1974

ep1974

Legend

• Registered
  • 478 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:01 AM

I'd love logos in the guide. To please everyone, it could be an option in settings. Guide logos on or off.

Agree! Maybe one day.

#163 OFFLINE   rayjr66

rayjr66

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:41 AM

What looks really odd is when the logo is missing and the larger channel name covers the smaller name and the channel number.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20130406_123740.jpg

#164 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,148 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:13 PM

One thing to keep in mind is if the channel itself doesn't give DirecTV a logo then DirecTV has no logo to provide to us.

And no, no logos in guide please. Ads are bad but logos are good? No thanks.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#165 OFFLINE   ep1974

ep1974

Legend

• Registered
  • 478 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

One thing to keep in mind is if the channel itself doesn't give DirecTV a logo then DirecTV has no logo to provide to us.

And no, no logos in guide please. Ads are bad but logos are good? No thanks.

Have to disagree. Logos aren't nearly as distracting as the ads which run the full length of the screen. Just my opinion.

#166 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,512 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

Have to disagree. Logos aren't nearly as distracting as the ads which run the full length of the screen. Just my opinion.

Not sure what you're disagreeing with.

"Logo's arent nearly as distracting" implies that they are in fact distracting, no?

Runner stated that logo's in the guide would not be good (i.e. distracting), and you've stated the same thing.

Therefore, you actually agree with what he said

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#167 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,435 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

What looks really odd is when the logo is missing and the larger channel name covers the smaller name and the channel number.

That's addressed in the 0x66D update which is still on a staggered release. In that update it goes back to the previous method of truncating the call sign with ... if it's too long to fit in the section.

Exactly, there's also cases where the logo recently changed and the station requested that providers remove the old logo until a new one can be provided.

As of the ones that are missing with the latest update (and by missing truely missing with just the call signs, the ones with the DirecTV logo are usually the channels paying DirecTV to be on the lineup and I'm not counting stations that were added after the latest update started trickling out):

Local CBS - There's a new CBS logo with an updated text style, it's on CBS East, but it seems they still need to push it to the individual local affiliates
TV Guide Network - It had a pending rename to TVGN on March 18th, however the recent last minute sale to CBS delayed, if not cancelled, the planned rebrand since CBS is planning to do an entire overhaul.
Ion East - recently modified their logo
MLS Direct Kick - They got a new logo this season, the update came out right before the season started
UEFA/Rugby/La Liga/etc - These are part time channels that pick up raw stadium feeds of games, it's not exactly a channel that has a logo as one game it could be carrying Fox Sports Australia, the next game could be from Sky Sports, BBC or some South African broadcaster.
Cricket Ticket - Not even sure why this is still in the EPG, they haven't had games on the 400s range in years and it isn't even offered anymore, when it was the actual games were in the 2000s and required a world direct dish pointed at 95.
Adult Channels - Not sure about this one, some of them were semi-recent rebrands and are likely not on the top of the list to update.
Fox College Sports Alternates - They're just part time feeds of FCS Atlantic, Central and Pacific, since neither one of them is dedicated to a single feed, they don't really have a usuable logo as the ones provided by Fox are branded for the regions.
NY Alternates - Same as above, the feeds aren't dedicated to MSG2 or MSG+ 2, they just use whatever one is available that night.
SNY - Not fully sure on this one, it could be due to the whole NBC Universal/Comcast merger, the old Comcast affiliate site that used to cover SNY is gone and the new one that merged with the NBC Universal affiliate site is useless when it comes to Comcast SportsNet and is missing logos for most of their channels. (Their CSN gateway map still lists mtn) It could also be the dark blue color SNY uses which isn't really good for a dark background.
Fox Sports Pluses: As of now Fox just released logos for the main channels, they haven't released any usuable logos for the alternates (not like DirecTV carried alternate specific logs anyway). And since Fox Sports no longer has seperate feeds, they don't have HD specific logos anymore. (For most of Fox's sports and entertainment channels only the HD feed is distributed and is downconverted at the headend for SD subscribers)

Edited by KyL416, 06 April 2013 - 05:52 PM.

#168 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• Registered
  • 1,864 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

If they could give you an option to the way you read your email, with either text or HTML graphics, then they should give us an option to see logos on the guide, But they should always be on the banner for all logos I mean.

Directv HD DVR HR24-500

#169 OFFLINE   ep1974

ep1974

Legend

• Registered
  • 478 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:09 AM

Not sure what you're disagreeing with.

"Logo's arent nearly as distracting" implies that they are in fact distracting, no?

Runner stated that logo's in the guide would not be good (i.e. distracting), and you've stated the same thing.

Therefore, you actually agree with what he said

Maybe the fairest way would be for the subscriber to have a choice to show the logos or not. As I said, in my opinion, I would prefer to see them in the guide.

#170 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,148 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:55 AM

If they could give you an option to the way you read your email, with either text or HTML graphics, then they should give us an option to see logos on the guide,

We've been told numerous times in the past that the reason there are no options for the GUI (like colors, icons or not, etc) is because DirecTV wants to make it easier on their reps to support the product. I don't necessarily agree with that but I do understand their point. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for GUI options.

But they should always be on the banner for all logos I mean.

And if they have them then they are there.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#171 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,148 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:56 AM

Maybe the fairest way would be for the subscriber to have a choice to show the logos or not. As I said, in my opinion, I would prefer to see them in the guide.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for GUI options.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#172 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• Registered
  • 1,864 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for GUI options.

Not only will I turn blue from doing that, but I will well you know:)

Directv HD DVR HR24-500

#173 OFFLINE   ep1974

ep1974

Legend

• Registered
  • 478 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:56 PM

No Bloomberg HD logo, which seems to be the norm with new additions. Anyone have logos yet from the 8 HD additions a few months ago?

Edited by ep1974, 15 April 2013 - 01:16 PM.

#174 ONLINE   gpg

gpg

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,777 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:06 PM

No Bloomberg HD logo, which seems to be the norm with new additions. Anyone have logos yet from the 8 HD additions a few months ago?

I've got them on all dvrs except my Genie.
HR24-200,HR23-700,HR21-200, HR21-100, HR34-700,
Sony KDS-R50XBR1,HDMI, LG 37LH40,HDMI Vizio 390-A1,HDMI,Sony KDL-40NX711, HDMI, Vizio VO320E, HDMI, SWM16 with DECA,
Sony STR-DG1000 AV Receiver optical cable connection for HR24-200, GenieGo

#175 OFFLINE   fleckrj

fleckrj

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationCary, NC

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

I am still missing something here.  If I am looking at the banner, I already know which channel I am watching, and I am just looking at the information about the program.  The logo adds nothing.  If I am looking at the guide, I am looking at which programs are being shown.  If I find a program that interests me, I  do not care about anything other than the channel number, so again, the logo adds nothing.  If I am trying to set up a program to record, I do not see any advantage of having the logo over the letters to identify the channel, so I still do not see what the logo adds.  The logo is just more clutter on the screen that conveys no more information than what is there without the logo.  The logo is just taking up space.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...