Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Missing logos

• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

#141 OFFLINE   carillon

carillon

Legend

• Registered
  • 140 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

Neat! Which receivers? Can you list the new added logos?

Actually all my logos were missing. Noticed it when I hit Quicktune one day last week. Downloaded the weekly CE this past Friday and still no logos by Monday. So, I reset twice within 30 minutes and then yesterday, logos in Quicktune were back.
SlimLine-5 SWM-8-LNB Dish (HD Service / WHDVR)
HR34-700 Genie / Sharp 52LE700UN HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA
C31 Genie RVU Client / Dynex HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA
HR24-500 / Panasonic TC-P54S2 / HDMI / Networked - DECA
H24-700 / Toshiba SDTV / Networked - DECA

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#142 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,779 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:37 PM

A new logo update is trickling out, so far I spotted the following:

CBS
Cinemax
Comcast SportsNet Bay Area
Comcast SportsNet California
Comcast SportsNet Chicago
Comcast SportsNet New England
Comedy Central
Food Network
Fox Sports Arizona
Fox Sports Detroit
Fox Sports Florida
Fox Sports Midwest
Fox Sports North
Fox Sports Ohio
Fox Sports South
Fox Sports Southwest
Fox Sports West
Galavision
GSN
MoreMax
PrimeTicket
Reelz
SportSouth
SunSports
TWC SportsNet
UniMas
Univision
VH1

They also are no longer using the ancient Nick at Nite logo from 2002 and just have the regular Nickelodeon logo up 24/7

#143 OFFLINE   ep1974

ep1974

Legend

• Registered
  • 384 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

A new logo update is trickling out, so far I spotted the following:

CBS
Cinemax
Comcast SportsNet Bay Area
Comcast SportsNet California
Comcast SportsNet Chicago
Comcast SportsNet New England
Comedy Central
Food Network
Fox Sports Arizona
Fox Sports Detroit
Fox Sports Florida
Fox Sports Midwest
Fox Sports North
Fox Sports Ohio
Fox Sports South
Fox Sports Southwest
Fox Sports West
Galavision
GSN
MoreMax
PrimeTicket
Reelz
SportSouth
SunSports
TWC SportsNet
UniMas
Univision
VH1

They also are no longer using the ancient Nick at Nite logo from 2002 and just have the regular Nickelodeon logo up 24/7

Didn't check them all, but many logos have disappeared. Why is this? Will they return with the same logos or new logos anytime soon? Also, still no new logos for the recent 8 HD additions, plus still missing Food Network and Comedy Central.

#144 OFFLINE   jamieh1

jamieh1

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

Heres the new logos ive had for about a week now.

HLNHD
FOOD
COOKING HD
GSN
REELZ
COMEDY CENTRAL HD
LMNHD
H2
TRAVEL HD
TVLAND HD
VH1HD
UNIVISION
GALAVISION
IFCHD
ENCORE ACTION HD

MAX CHANNELS
FOX SPORTS CHANNELS
SOME SPANISH CHANNELS

#145 OFFLINE   ep1974

ep1974

Legend

• Registered
  • 384 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

HLNHD
FOOD
COOKING HD
GSN
REELZ
COMEDY CENTRAL HD
LMNHD
H2
TRAVEL HD
TVLAND HD
VH1HD
UNIVISION
GALAVISION
IFCHD
ENCORE ACTION HD

MAX CHANNELS
FOX SPORTS CHANNELS
SOME SPANISH CHANNELS

Which receiver do you have? Anyone know how these updates are rolled out? Is it by receiver model or geographical location or something else?? SR , maybe you would be kind enough to explain. Thanks.

#146 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,473 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

Some people have triggered logos downloading by flushing the Guide entirely. That's achieved by two Menu restarts within 30 minutes. Suggest you do it just before turning in, as it takes time for the Guide to repopulate, and further time for logos to appear.

Good luck!
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#147 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,903 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

I think the logos me be independent of software downloads since I've seen new one's show up in the past without getting a download.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#148 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,473 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

Well, yes, they are independent, and new ones will show up on their own, but when major portions of logos are missing, the Guide redownload seems to throw a tickle file out to send new logos.... According to others. I have never had a "logo problem".

#149 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,675 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

I think the logos me be independent of software downloads since I've seen new one's show up in the past without getting a download.

Yes, they are independent. They come in a "supplimental download" at random times on random receivers.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#150 OFFLINE   Sea bass

Sea bass

Icon

• Registered
  • 644 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:42 PM

HLNHD
FOOD
COOKING HD
GSN
REELZ
COMEDY CENTRAL HD
LMNHD
H2
TRAVEL HD
TVLAND HD
VH1HD
UNIVISION
GALAVISION
IFCHD
ENCORE ACTION HD

MAX CHANNELS
FOX SPORTS CHANNELS
SOME SPANISH CHANNELS

It's nice to finally have the MAX channels updated! My list is basically the same as yours, TWCSN (691) & BeIn (620) were other additions... Quite a few of the older FSN logos still there. I also noticed SD CBS logo is new.

#151 OFFLINE   ep1974

ep1974

Legend

• Registered
  • 384 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:10 AM

It's nice to finally have the MAX channels updated! My list is basically the same as yours, TWCSN (691) & BeIn (620) were other additions... Quite a few of the older FSN logos still there. I also noticed SD CBS logo is new.

Still no new logos on my HR 22-100. Hoping they show up soon.

#152 OFFLINE   ezduzit

ezduzit

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:45 AM

Was in touch with Directv was told to unplug receiver for 20 seconds wait 24 hrs. This will reload receiver and generate banner logos. Still no logos after 72 hrs. And I noticed in previous threads that some have the logos is this just a waiting game with Directv updating software. I have had the 8 new HD channels in Feb and an update on March 28 th still no new logos. Does some one know something I don't know?

#153 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,473 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

;)

Was in touch with Directv was told to unplug receiver for 20 seconds wait 24 hrs. This will reload receiver and generate banner logos. Still no logos after 72 hrs. And I noticed in previous threads that some have the logos is this just a waiting game with Directv updating software. I have had the 8 new HD channels in Feb and an update on March 28 th still no new logos. Does some one know something I don't know?

Probably not, but you were given old info. To flush the Guide, you need to do a menu reset twice within 30 seconds. That will not guarantee that logos will be subsequently sent, but you have a much better chance. Some have experienced luck with this, and one tester swears there couldn't be a link.

Good luck!

#154 OFFLINE   ep1974

ep1974

Legend

• Registered
  • 384 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:22 AM

;)

Probably not, but you were given old info. To flush the Guide, you need to do a menu reset twice within 30 seconds. That will not guarantee that logos will be subsequently sent, but you have a much better chance. Some have experienced luck with this, and one tester swears there couldn't be a link.

Good luck!

I tried to flush the guide a couple of weeks ago, but no luck. Hopefully, all the HD logos will be sent out soon.

#155 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,473 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:58 AM

I tried to flush the guide a couple of weeks ago, but no luck. Hopefully, all the HD logos will be sent out soon.

There's no reason I know of that the Guide won't flush. What is unknown is if that will tickle the logos to be re-sent or not.

What did you do to flush it?

#156 OFFLINE   ep1974

ep1974

Legend

• Registered
  • 384 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:20 AM

There's no reason I know of that the Guide won't flush. What is unknown is if that will tickle the logos to be re-sent or not.

What did you do to flush it?

I did a menu reset twice, one after the other..... Just curious, but the MGM HD logo appears larger. Did they update it recently?

#157 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,473 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

I did a menu reset twice, one after the other..... Just curious, but the MGM HD logo appears larger. Did they update it recently?

Certainly possible. I pay attention to logos only when there's a question about them, so historically, I couldn't say.

#158 OFFLINE   ezduzit

ezduzit

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:35 PM

;)

Good luck!

Thanks for the info. I am not that technically savvy. I have H24/100 receiver how do you flush the guide to reset the guide. Again sorry for being naive about this.

#159 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,347 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:02 PM

They should really add missing channel logos that's been updated months ago, I understand newly HD converted channels that's missing logos then updated afterwards, But all the other ones should of been added a long time ago, Matter of fact they should add it on the guide.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 
Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#160 OFFLINE   ep1974

ep1974

Legend

• Registered
  • 384 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:09 PM

They should really add missing channel logos that's been updated months ago, I understand newly HD converted channels that's missing logos then updated afterwards, But all the other ones should of been added a long time ago, Matter of fact they should add it on the guide.

I agree. Wish logos were added to the guide.

spam firewall