Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HD-DVR can't be billed to me?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   CarolinaGuy79

CarolinaGuy79

Legend

• Registered
  • 219 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

So I got the check I was expected and paid off my Directv bill and so I called in and asked about adding a second HD-DVR and the lady said I could get one for $99 plus free shipping, I said great please bill me and she told me they dont do this anymore and I needed to pay upfront, well after paying Directv and other bills I wont have anymore money for a few weeks, so I told her I couldnt do it right now and she said she placed in the notes to give me the $99 deal when I can call back and pay for it with a credit/Debit card.

Is she for real or should I call back? since i got Directv a year ago I have added 2 HD receivers to my account one was free and the other one I got charged $50 but the one for $50 was billed to my acount, so I didnt know if this was a new policy or what.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   mitchflorida

mitchflorida

Godfather

• Registered
  • 423 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:12 PM

They probably saw that you have been paying your bills late. It is nothing personal.

#3 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,679 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:22 PM

I've been told this as well, and I'd been on autopay for at least a few years.

#4 OFFLINE   PK6301

PK6301

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 315 posts
  • LocationErie, PA

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:21 PM

I called the other week and inquired about adding another DVR and billing it to my account. The CSR said it was a no-go. This might be their new policy

#5 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,779 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

I've never been able to have them add the purchase of hardware to my bill. I've always had to provide a credit card at the time of my orders.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#6 OFFLINE   Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould

Icon

• Registered
  • 785 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:43 PM

4 months ago my hr34 was added to my bill minus credits.

#7 OFFLINE   hitokage

hitokage

Legend

• Registered
  • 118 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:57 PM

Maybe the CSRs in retention can put it on your bill, but regular CSRs can't.

#8 OFFLINE   MrShowtime

MrShowtime

Legend

• Registered
  • 244 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:29 PM

I've seen it both ways, probably depends on your account/history
My posts represent my opinions and do not represent the opinions of directv, any hsp, or anyone else (including the cookie monster)

#9 OFFLINE   mitchflorida

mitchflorida

Godfather

• Registered
  • 423 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:17 PM

I remember them adding a deca device to my account and they made me put it on my credit card. Why should they bill it when the can get the money immediately?

#10 OFFLINE   CarolinaGuy79

CarolinaGuy79

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 219 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:23 PM

Update: I called back in tonight and spoke to Ryan and he did add it to my bill, so I think it might depend on the CSR if they can add it or not.

#11 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,972 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:08 AM

I've been told this as well, and I'd been on autopay for at least a few years.

Yeah same here. Called to order MRV for my parents. Made me give them a CC # which was the same one they already had on file and charge every month for the upgrade.

Sometimes they are a great company and sometimes they do stuff that makes no sense.

My Setup

Why can I get to the "Adult's Only" area faster than I can get to the "ToDo" List?  DirecTV, that is messed up!!!

#12 OFFLINE   wmschultz

wmschultz

DBSTalk Club Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

I don't pay for receivers. Solves the entire problem. Haven't purchased a receiver since the first HD TiVo came out.

spam firewall