Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR24 Youtube not Working

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   user0129857

user0129857

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:30 PM

I've searched through the other posts and haven't found a solution to the issue.

We've had the receiver for a few months now and every time I try to open the Youtube application it says "Please check back in 1 hour." The receiver is connected to the internet and Pandora as well as the rest of the TV Apps seem to work fine. It has never opened and doesn't show up in the SmartSearch, nor does any option for Parental Settings to allow web videos.

Any ideas on what the problem may be?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   caseyf5

caseyf5

Legend

• Registered
  • 196 posts
  • LocationBethpage, NY 11714

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:06 AM

Hello user129857,

:welcome_s

I think that something inside your HR24 is causing the problem. The different receivers and DVR's are made by different manufacturers and have a number after the model (examples HR24-500 or H24-700). There is also information about the software/firmware. You can find it by going to the Remote and pressing the Menu Button then going to Settings and Help then Settings which bring up Info and Test which has information about your Receiver, Receiver ID, Access Card and Software. My suggestions are to try each item on the list below and see if it works. If not go to the next one until you are successful.

1 - Go to directv.com website and reauthorize your HR24. If you do not have an account on directv set up then now is a good time to do it.

2 - Use the remote and press Menu then go to Settings and Help then Settings then Reset then Restart Receiver.

3 - Use the remote and press Menu then go to Settings and Help then Settings then Reset then Reset Defaults.

4 - Do an Red Button Reset (RBR).

5 - Use the remote and press Menu then go to Settings and Help then Settings then Reset then Reset Everything.

Should none of these work then it is time to call Customer Service 800 531-5000 and talk to Customer Service Representative and if they are not successful the ask to talk to a Technical Service Representative if they do not suggest it (most of the time they do send you to them) and see if they can get it working? If not then they might suggest a tech visit to fix the problem or they might offer to send out a replacement DVR (could be any of the HR 2(X) models. There is no guarantee of which one would be sent. My suggestion is take the tech visit but ultimately it is your choice . Do you have the protection plan? If this is a new installation then even without the protection plan it could be free otherwise there is a cost. The protection plan has a delay of 30 days (I believe) before it kicks in. They might offer a discount to you if there is a cost associated with either the tech visit or a replacement DVR. I hope this helps. :)
My setup: 1 HR34/700 DVR no external HD, 1 HR24/500 DVR using WD 2TB Green HD and Antec MX-1 enclosure (used for CE) and 3 H24/700 receivers, 1 SL5 Dish (4 cable), 1 SWM16 Multiswitch, 1 Wired CCK. 1 Whole Home with DECA, 1 Sharp LC-37GP1U TV, 1 Sony Home Theater System HT-CT550W (Soundbar), 1 Impact 6x2 Component Video Matrix (Switcher) and 2 Sewell 1x2 HDMI Splitters with Ethernet, 3D Support and 4Kx2K Resolution with multiple hdmi cables with Ethernet.

#3 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,929 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:22 AM

Press and hold the info button to see the model and software version, an d then report it here.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

Protected By... spam firewall...And...