Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

BUG REPORT: DVR menu live video preview not always in preview window

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MattG

MattG

Legend

• Registered
  • 102 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 11:39 PM

How to make the video not show up in the video preview window:

1) view live video feed
2) hit guide
3) hit info
4) hit dvr. The video will underlay the menu text instead of being in the preview window.

I've done a smartcard reboot to confirm this but I'd like somebody else to try it. Admittedly this is a trivial bug but I'd like to see the E* engineers make the 921 as solid as possible. I think this is related to a more serious problem because doing something similar with the PIP functions I saw the grey X screen of death but I haven't been able to reproduce it. When that crash occurred I saw the video in the top left quarter of the screen with a gray box in the bottom left quarter of the screen and when I hit channel down it rebooted.

Boot V: 120B
Flash V: F051
SW V: L142
Dish 500/300 DP34.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   MattG

MattG

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 102 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 08:36 AM

Found another condition where live video isn't shown in the DVR video preview window.

1) Watch recorded show
2) hit stop
3) erase the show
4) whatever live channel it was tuned to previously shows up underneath the dvr menu text and not in the preview window.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...