Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Thinking of switching to Dish from Comcast - Questions

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   doofoo

doofoo

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:36 PM

Thinking of switching to Dish w/ the following plan & options:

America's Everything Pak
2 Hopper's
2 Joey's

I was hoping someone could give me a referral to get us both the additional $50 credit. (I cannot PM yet with only having 1 post, so if you have another way of contacting me - AIM - doofoo)

My question is around the 2nd Hopper "upgrade" cost of $199. With this additional cost, it just doesn't make sense for me to switch from my current Media Center/Ceton (3 XBOX's plus my Computer w/ 42" Screen) setup to Dish.

Has anyone been able to get the 2nd Hopper for free? If so, is there someone/number I should be contacting to push that through and get setup?

Thanks!

Edited by doofoo, 20 July 2012 - 09:59 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:03 AM

If you want an extra Hopper it's $200 the 3rd free Joey is the freebie.

#3 OFFLINE   Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:16 AM

Does anyone know of any good Dish promotions that are about to start?

#4 OFFLINE   doofoo

doofoo

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:30 AM

If you want an extra Hopper it's $200 the 3rd free Joey is the freebie.

I just saw some people saying you could get the 2nd hopper for $100 instead of the $199. Any truth to that?

Also still interested in getting a referral if anyone wants to send one via AIM, cannot reply to PM's.

#5 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:42 AM

I just saw some people saying you could get the 2nd hopper for $100 instead of the $199. Any truth to that?

Also still interested in getting a referral if anyone wants to send one via AIM, cannot reply to PM's.

Jusi make 3 short posts such as one/two/three to get to your 5 count.

#6 OFFLINE   oldengineer

oldengineer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 450 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:54 AM

I have the exact setup you want and it's great. The second Hopper price may be negotiable as other posters note. You may be able to get it for $100. Don't settle for 1 Hopper and 3 Joeys. If necessary pay the extra hundred bucks up front. Amortizing it over 2 years it's only about 4 dollars a month and the extra 3 tuners are well worth it.

2H/1J

#7 OFFLINE   doofoo

doofoo

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:32 AM

I have the exact setup you want and it's great. The second Hopper price may be negotiable as other posters note. You may be able to get it for $100. Don't settle for 1 Hopper and 3 Joeys. If necessary pay the extra hundred bucks up front. Amortizing it over 2 years it's only about 4 dollars a month and the extra 3 tuners are well worth it.

Yeah I want the second hopper for sure, I was just curious what I had to do or talk to/how to approach it with the online reps or phone to get the extra hopper for $100 vs $200.

Sounds like people have done it so maybe I'll just call later and try.

#8 OFFLINE   doofoo

doofoo

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:33 AM

Does anyone know of any good Dish promotions that are about to start?

Curious about that as well. But the deal on the site was good for me compared to dtv or Comcast, as long as I can get the second hopper for $100.

#9 OFFLINE   doofoo

doofoo

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:34 AM

Looks like I'm already at 5 posts now do I'm good.. :)

#10 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,078 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:21 AM

America's Everything Pak
2 Hopper's
2 Joey's

I was hoping someone could give me a referral to get us both the additional $50 credit. (I cannot PM yet with only having 1 post, so if you have another way of contacting me - AIM - doofoo)

My question is around the 2nd Hopper "upgrade" cost of $199. With this additional cost, it just doesn't make sense for me to switch from my current Media Center/Ceton (3 XBOX's plus my Computer w/ 42" Screen) setup to Dish.

Has anyone been able to get the 2nd Hopper for free? If so, is there someone/number I should be contacting to push that through and get setup?

Thanks!

Don't get AEP because it's to expense. Just get AT 250 and HBO and STARZ.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#11 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:22 AM

Don't get AEP because it's to expense. Just get AT 250 and HBO and STARZ.

That's only $4 cheaper after the free 3 months of premiums ends.
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

#12 OFFLINE   doofoo

doofoo

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:41 AM

That's only $4 cheaper after the free 3 months of premiums ends.

Yeah I really use all the channels, hbo, max, starz and show time. I don't mind the monthly as long as it stays below $150 including taxes monthly at the end of the promotions (everyday no contract price) I just am trying to save the 100 off from the $199 from the second hopper. I'd jump at the deal with that.

#13 OFFLINE   n0qcu

n0qcu

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

New customers 1st Hopper FREE, 2nd Hopper $200 = $200 total
Existing customers 1st Hopper $100, 2nd Hopper $100 = $200 total
It's just the way DISH is doing it, if you want two Hoppers it's going to cost you $200.
Kevin

3 Hoppers
3 Joeys, all wireless
1 Hopper 2.0
YES, all Hoppers can see the recordings on any Hopper.

#14 OFFLINE   TBoneit

TBoneit

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:10 PM

boba, that is the sort of thing I stomp on as a moderator elsewhere. Just in case they were not total junk I would merge them all into one post. Making junk posts just to up your post count is a no-no. It would also get you a PM asking you to refrain from making that type of suggestion too.

My two cents and worth every penny of it too.
Remember when your kids were the TV set's remote control?

#15 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:45 PM

I had to check, nope, he didn't advise him to commit murder, for second I thought he must have. It's not to win some contest or something, it's just to get the process of someone being able to contact the DIRT team....

#16 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,529 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:04 PM

America's Everything Pak
2 Hopper's
2 Joey's

Thanks!

Normally DISH sends me mailings with discounted offers to switch four times a year. This year I've received five already, the latest arrived today. It's from a authorized DISH retailer (Altitude Marketing). Their phone number is 1-888-237-0811 if your interested.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#17 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:42 PM

I had to check, nope, he didn't advise him to commit murder, for second I thought he must have. It's not to win some contest or something, it's just to get the process of someone being able to contact the DIRT team....

I'm just wondering, but if the OP makes one post for DIRT to PM him, would this work?

#18 OFFLINE   mattucf

mattucf

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:01 PM

I need one last post to contact DIRT. I have a 1 hopper, 2 joey system to be setup Saturday..but I want a 2 hopper, 1 joey system. Wish me luck. I think paying $100 for 1 hopper I should pay $200 and get 2..

#19 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,288 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:35 PM

I need one last post to contact DIRT. I have a 1 hopper, 2 joey system to be setup Saturday..but I want a 2 hopper, 1 joey system. Wish me luck. I think paying $100 for 1 hopper I should pay $200 and get 2..

More likely $99 for the first and $199 for the second (~$300 total) but there is always hope.

spam firewall