Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Commercial Skip

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jerry downing

jerry downing

Godfather

• Registered
  • 527 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

I have two questions.

1. How do I activate Commercial Skip on my Hoppers?

2. How do I access the internet on more than one Hopper?
I have discovered that if more than one receiver is connected via ethernet, the network crashes and Joeys cannot find Hoppers.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:52 PM

I believe the commercial skip only works on PTAT.

#3 OFFLINE   bigdog9586

bigdog9586

Legend

• Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

Correct but not till the next day either.

#4 OFFLINE   puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:14 PM

1. the autohop feature only works on things recorded as part of the primetime anytime, and only after 1 am the morning after it recorded. Also, does not work on anything filmed live such as the news or sporting events.

2. On one of the hoppers, go to menu -> settings -> network setup -> broadband -> use the red hotkey to make sure Moca is selected from the drop-down -> hit the blue hotkey two times -> bridging button should appear to the right -> select bridging -> if bridging is set to on, change it to off and select save.

Not guaranteeing that will work, but there's a good chance it will. Probably only need to do it one one of the Hoppers.
The postings on this site are my own and don't represent Dish's positions, strategies, or opinions.

-Puck

#5 OFFLINE   jerry downing

jerry downing

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 527 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:27 PM

How do I enable Autohop?

#6 OFFLINE   strikes2k

strikes2k

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:45 PM

How do I enable Autohop?

You don't. If you have PTAT turned on, then after 1 A.M. if you watch a PTAT show you will be asked if you want to skip commercials at the beginning of the program.

spam firewall