Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Moving: Stay with Dish or DTV?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Mojo Jojo

Mojo Jojo

Legend

• Registered
  • 134 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:56 PM

The programming should come first. Which provider (of those for whom you have choice) comes closest to what you would like in a lineup?

I think being able to affordability should also be up there on the list.

However, I do agree with channel selection as well as equipment.

After keeping that in mind, I suggest thinking about the channels that you want to watch and "must have." Please compare channel lineup cards:

Dish: DISH Channels and Programming | DISH TV Guide | MyDISH Customer Support
DirecTV: www.att.com/Common/PDF/DIRECTV_English_Channel_Lineup.pdf

Currently, I honestly feel that Dish is usually cheaper especially in terms of base prices. I also find that Dish has several package options. It would also be helpful if you tell us what setup you want or need (ex: how many TVs, care about DVR, care about whole-home, etc.).

Welcome Pack $14.99 (usually not for first-time customers)
Dish Latino Basico $22.99
Family $24.99
Dish Latino Clasico $32.99
Dish America $34.99 "HD-only"
Dish Latino Plus $37.99 [starting package in Dish Latino eligible for HD Free for Life]
America's Top 120 $44.99 [starting package in America's Top eligible for HD Free for Life]
Dish Latino Dos $44.99
America's Top 120 Plus $49.99
Dish America Silver $49.99
Dish Latino Max $57.99
America's Top 200 $59.99
Dish America Gold $59.99
America's Top 250 $69.99
America's "Everything" Pak $104.99

DVR: $6/month (Note: 211 HD Solo receivers do not have a DVR fee and can optionally be integrated into DVRs with an external hard drive and a one-time $40 fee that covers all 211s on the account.)

(I was going to post the Dish pricing calculator, but the site seems to be down for some strange reason. Here is the site if it does become available or if it is just not coming up for me: http://commercial.di...or/default.aspx )

DirecTV comes across as being more costly when looking solely at base prices:

Select Classic $41.99 (retention)
Entertainment $54.99
Choice $63.99
Choice Xtra $68.99
Choice Ultimate $74.99
Premier $119.99

DVR: $8/month

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...