Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

I'm Ticked - 3D Olympics For Everyone But Dish Network Subscribers

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   hoophead

hoophead

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:16 PM

I have a newer 3D/smart LG.
There glasses are not ANYWHERE close to that cost so we have a few pair in our house.
Sorry to hear of your dilemma...
AT250 with ViP 722 via HDMI to 47" LG in living room and 27" JVC in exercise room. ViP 722 via HDMI to 42" Panny in master bedroom and 27" Philips in another bedroom

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#42 OFFLINE   DoyleS

DoyleS

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:24 PM

I drifted over to the DTV area just to see what comments were coming in on the 3D broadcasts and I couldn't find any. Maybe I am not used to their side of the fence but it would have seemed people would be commenting on the quality of the 3D broadcasts.
Receivers= 722K, 722, 211K,
Dishes=Dish1000.2
Sling Adapter

#43 OFFLINE   Eddie501

Eddie501

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

I drifted over to the DTV area just to see what comments were coming in on the 3D broadcasts and I couldn't find any. Maybe I am not used to their side of the fence but it would have seemed people would be commenting on the quality of the 3D broadcasts.

As a D* subscriber, I'm not impressed - at ALL. The actual picture quality is sub-par compared to regular 3D broadcasts. Plus they only air it as one huge program during the daytime (a tape delay of the previous days events), which means I have to eat up 10 or so hours of DVR space if I want to record. There's nothing at all on in prime time or overnight, so recording is the only way to watch if you have a job. But if I happen to be home during the day & want to watch live, I have to watch the same 3 commercials every 10 minutes.

Truly a failed experiment, at least as far as the U.S. coverage goes.

Edited by Eddie501, 30 July 2012 - 06:25 PM.

#44 OFFLINE   SJ HART

SJ HART

Legend

• Registered
  • 140 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:52 PM

I have DISH and two capable displays in our home. One using passive glasses and the other active. Still no DISH feed to use either..... :(. SJ

#45 OFFLINE   Michael1

Michael1

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 132 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:47 AM

I have a 3D capable TV, but I will not spend $1200 (4 x $300) for glasses for the family to watch a fraction of TV shows in 3D.

If you think you have to pay $1200 for four pairs of glasses, I'd hate to see the deal you got on the TV.:sure:

The 3D glasses for the new Samsung and Panasonic TVs are compatible with a new 3D Glasses initiative. Samsung sells a pair for $20. They can be had on Amazon for $17.47...with batteries. That's cheaper than most sunglasses.

Michael

#46 OFFLINE   Michael1

Michael1

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 132 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:48 AM

Truly a failed experiment, at least as far as the U.S. coverage goes.

Do you like any 3D at all?

Michael

Protected By... spam firewall...And...