Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

722k L752 glitchy TV1 HDMI video?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rodent

rodent

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:53 PM

Lately (over the last several days) I have noticed that the video quality of my 722k (L752 software) output on TV1 over HDMI is very glitchy - lots of MPEG artifacts every couple of seconds. It's been fine for years, and nothing has changed. SD output on TV2 is fine. I know the TV and Sony soundbar/HDMI switcher between the TV and the 722k are fine - I don't see glitches when playing Bluray movies or Xbox 360 through the soundbar/HDMI switcher.

Signal quality is fine (ranges from 59 to 73 across 61.5, 110, 119, 129), check-switch is fine.

I haven't tried replacing the HDMI cable from the 722k to the HDMI switcher. I'm sure it's not the problem.

I have red-button-reset the 722k several times to recover from the seemingly-frozen remote issue that others have posted about (can only change channels using the buttons on the front panel, receiver doesn't acknowledge commands from the remote until receiver is reset).

I have unplugged it for a few minutes just now and it's still starting up. I assume that won't fix the issue.

Anybody else seeing something like this? Got any ideas?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   bnborg

bnborg

Icon

• Registered
  • 616 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:41 PM

My 722k seems to be fine on L752.
Dish Network VIP722k - Gold 250 + HD/Platinum
110,119, and 129 on Dish 1000.2
Dynex (BestBuy) 42" HDTV, Onkyo TX-SR303 Receiver

#3 OFFLINE   Rduce

Rduce

Legend

• Registered
  • 306 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:15 PM

My K has been rock solid since getting L752, although I do not have it connected thru a switcher, it is direct from the unit!

#4 OFFLINE   rodent

rodent

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:35 AM

Yeah, I haven't seen it since I fully power-cycled it. Never really seen that be beneficial, but I guess it's always worth a shot. Been pretty good since then. Sometimes on TV1 will get the "partial signal loss" screen that doesn't go away until changing the channel and then switching back. Not sure what's up with that but it's not a nuisance yet.

#5 OFFLINE   rodent

rodent

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

Well of course it comes back after a day or two, or right away. Dish support is flummoxed and is sending me a new reciever.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...