Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Props where due

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Xyzzy.dude

Xyzzy.dude

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:56 PM

I recently noticed that a particularly annoying problem I was having before, the switch checks disrupted tv watching on all Joeys when the hopper is brought out of standby, appears to be fixed now. Hasn't happened in a long while. Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,980 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:08 PM

It is known fact - during switch test all functioning of any receiver/DVR is stopping.

It was just something what force your h2k to do that check out of standby. Better get the reason than relax with new version of FW, IMHO.

#3 OFFLINE   patmurphey

patmurphey

Godfather

• Registered
  • 541 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:01 AM

...Better get the reason than relax with new version of FW, IMHO.

Not to worry, it WAS a firmware fix for those of us expriencing in on the Eastern Arc. He should worry if it's not doing it anymaore?

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,980 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:35 AM

I mean, need to worry if the 'fix' is just mask the real problem.

#5 OFFLINE   patmurphey

patmurphey

Godfather

• Registered
  • 541 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:25 PM

I mean, need to worry if the 'fix' is just mask the real problem.

I understand. In this case it was a check switch every day the first time out of standby after the nightly update. A DIRT member kindly told those of us on the Eastern Arc without 77, experiencing the problem that it was a known issue and a fix was in the works. Since that firmware update, it has not happened once. The OP should not worry about other issues if that was his circumstance. 77 was never necessary in many DMAs.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...