Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Error 771A, Tech scheduled--Problem might be resolved

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bikemanAMD

bikemanAMD

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:35 PM

Hi All

Called Yesterday for a tech to come out, Today i changed one little adapter, and then went outside and disconnected and reconnected and retighening one cable coming from Dish, and one going inside--anyways it's working again, appears fine, so should i keep the Tech appointment for Friday or cancel it?

Any advice is appreciated

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,955 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:47 PM

This is a no win question.
If I say cancel, it will come back.
If I say don't, he'll come out and find what you did fixed the problem.
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   bikemanAMD

bikemanAMD

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:52 PM

Below is a picture of item i replaced, this was given to me by the Tech when he originally did the install in May, so far working fine, but yes i agree if i do cancel, it could come back, and then i'd have to reschedule another appointment

Attached Thumbnails

• WP_000016.jpg

#4 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,221 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

Have him come out and look over your work. While he is there, he can check out your system and catch any other issues before they turn into something worse..

edit: Barrels are notorious for causing problems..

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q4 2014 Set-Up

#5 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

Like VOS said, hard for us to know, especially without more info.

What "little adapter" did you change? A barrel, a compression fitting, a gorund block?

Was your problem intermittant, or was your signal completely out for an extended period of time?

Was there water in any of the connections that you unfastened/refastened?
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#6 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,955 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

That's a barrel. As with any connection, it might have been the problem. :shrug:
A.K.A VOS

#7 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:57 PM

Ok, so you replaced a barrel connector. Was this barrel inside or outside? Did it have weather boots on it, and if so did you move them to the new barrel and make sure to get them on correctly? Did you put any dielectric grease in the outdoor connections?
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#8 OFFLINE   bikemanAMD

bikemanAMD

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:58 PM

Singal was completely out from Yesterday 8:30a.m. til i did this around 3:30pm. Eastern time today

A Barrel Fitting i guess it's called, i poted a picture of it in an edit to my previous post, so far no problems, whole home working, all 4 receviers are working fine so far

Put the Grease in, reput the weather boots on, also replaced another one that was inside as well in another room to reach the television is why that one needed it

So far no problems noticed at this point

#9 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:05 PM

In that case I would probably wait until Thursday afternoon and if you haven't seen any more issues then go ahead and cancel the appointment. But that's really up to you.
-by Jack Handy

#10 OFFLINE   bikemanAMD

bikemanAMD

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:19 PM

Thanks for the replies, and agree will wait and see how it does before i decide on cancelling or keeping the appointment..

Had this issue during the original install, is only reason how i knew what the possible fix maybe, as the Tech told me when he gave me the connector if you should experience that issue again, this should fix it..

So far seems to have fixed it, but do wanna make totally sure before i decide on if keeping or canceling appointment

Protected By... spam firewall...And...