Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR-21 Functionality on Whole-Home

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Shockee

Shockee

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:06 AM

I recently upgraded to a whole-home DVR system and D* did the install. However, I had to keep an older HR-21 hooked up to a "legacy" HDTV in the back bedroom. No problem as a new Decca module was installed and the unit is now connected to Whole Home and the Internet. My question is "what type of new functions are available to the HR-21." I see that the the Apps function works, whole-home DVR works, but what about Pandora and YouTube? Are these available only for the DVR's on the network? And, finally, can you set up On Demand downloads from this HR-21? Thanks for any replies.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,985 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:56 AM

As long as your DECA network is connected to your Internet connection you should have Pandora, Apps, On Demand, etc on your HR21 that is connected to your DECA network.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#3 OFFLINE   Shockee

Shockee

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:51 PM

Yes, the HR21 is on the DECA network and it is connected to the internet. But, so far, I have only been able to get Apps working on the receiver. The icons for Pandora and You Tube are just not there. Neither is there an icon for On Demand in the search window. I thought I read somewhere that it may take 3-5 days for these functions to show up and be available. Is that true?

#4 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,985 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

Yes, the HR21 is on the DECA network and it is connected to the internet. But, so far, I have only been able to get Apps working on the receiver. The icons for Pandora and You Tube are just not there. Neither is there an icon for On Demand in the search window. I thought I read somewhere that it may take 3-5 days for these functions to show up and be available. Is that true?

It can take a while, not sure about 3-5 days though. As long as system tests say you are connected to the Internet you should have everything. If not you may want to reboot it twice within 30 minutes. This will flush your guide data and rebuild it over 24 hours. This has worked for others who are missing Pandora and the other goodies.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#5 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,878 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:41 PM

I would also suggest going into Settings, Network, then reset network and connect now. Then wait 24 hours and reboot if that stuff isn't there.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#6 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:01 AM

Are you sure it is an HR21 HD-DVR and not a H21 HD receiver?
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

Protected By... spam firewall...And...