Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

How can I speed up my HR-24 Receiver?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 22,799 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

No problemo! Some want to know why—or why not—something works; others care about the result only.

I am wondering if some "fixes" seem to have a result that's favorable, due solely to the box being rebooted. Certainly there are precedents in the computer world where a fix— a panacea in some eyes— relied on the reboot, not the involved steps prior.

True, but reboots don't help at all in some instances. For instance, the 24-500s occasionally "bog down" for no apparent reason. Rebooting doesn't help that at all. Flushing the Guide data does. Again, I have no idea why.

P Smith and I have argued for a long time about troubleshooting. He's of a mind to tear apart everything to find out "why" and I can't disagree with that in the right setting. Someone's gotta do that. My troubleshooting technique is just to fix the problem and go on to the next problem. Our backgrounds are different and that's why our methods differ so much.

Rich

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#52 OFFLINE   JB3

JB3

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

Forced a download of 62C yesterday and now my guide will respond again. In the last couple of weeks it had become all but useless.

#53 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

Its never a bad idea to do a periodic menu restart as well.....I restart all my HR's literally every Saturday or Sunday night before I go to sleep as long as I have no pending programs.

#54 OFFLINE   tomski35

tomski35

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

Forced a download of 62C yesterday and now my guide will respond again. In the last couple of weeks it had become all but useless.

How do I force a download. My boxes are on a code from June.

#55 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

Usually new NR is a phased rollout,it happens when it happens. To force a reboot, perform a menu restart receiver, and when the blue lights first come back on, type 0-2-4-6-8

#56 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 22,799 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

Surprisingly, I got the update on my four 20-700s a couple days ago. None of my 24s were upgraded.

Rich

Protected By... spam firewall...And...