Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Phantom Caller ID "Unavailable"

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   commtech

commtech

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:29 PM

Just had whole home D* installed last week consisting of 1 HR24-100 and 3 H25-700 receivers and the new black BB Deca. Very strange problem with caller id. When using telephone I get a "incoming call- Unavailable-Unavailable" message on my screen even though there is NO call coming in. This keeps popping up every 10 seconds until I hang up the phone. This is happening on 2 Tv's only and I've narrowed it to two rooms that share a splitter where my Deca is installed. The other two tv's are fine. I have tried switching cables around on splitter to no avail. Finally I disconnected the Deca from the splitter and all CID problems went away and CID works normal on these two tv's again. So it's a problem obviously with the Deca hooked to the splitter for these 2 rooms. Anyone have ANY idea what is causing this? It's driving me nuts! If you need any add'l info I will be glad to provide. I am hooking the Deca back up so I can access VOD and unplugging phone lines on those two tv's for now till I get answers. Thanks in advance for any help out there!

Edited by commtech, 26 July 2012 - 09:03 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   vaguy

vaguy

Legend

• Registered
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:32 PM

I just upgraded to a Genie and H25.

I have the exact same problem on the H25 giving me a CID unavialble message every 10 seconds when I'm on the phone (I originated the call).

I have one 8-port SWM - DECA, power inserter, and the 2 STBs are all that's conected.

I vaguely remember installer saying something about enabling caller ID on the H25  screwing up whole home (but  I have not found that to be the case.

My solution has been to shut off CID on the H25.  Not what I want.

Genie, H25, 2 AM21s, 8-port SWM, and Deca.

H25 HDMI output feeds ActionTec Wifi and Samsung 42".

Component output of H25 feeds Slingbox Pro.

Component output of H25 also feeds  comopnent to composite video converter to view HD GUI Guide on older sets without having to lower H25 resolution to SD.

#3 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,280 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:48 PM

Do you have FiOS as your telephone provider?
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,051 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:47 AM

I would install phone filter at the DVR (what used with IDSN or ADSL installs )

#5 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,661 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:53 AM

I just upgraded to a Genie and H25.

I have the exact same problem on the H25 giving me a CID unavialble message every 10 seconds when I'm on the phone (I originated the call) [...] My solution has been to shut off CID on the H25.  Not what I want.

Ditto. I have the same issue with my HR44-700 (and attached clients), but not my HR24-200 or H21-200. All are connected to the same Vonage VOIP modem.

/steve

#6 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,051 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:55 AM

did you try to install phone filter at the DVR ?

#7 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,661 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:25 AM

did you try to install phone filter at the DVR ?

Its only an issue with this DVR, not my others, so I believe it is software. Some phone line noise threshold that needs to be tweaked. Just my .02.

/steve

#8 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,051 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:04 PM

so the filter will cut the noise

#9 OFFLINE   ghontz1

ghontz1

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:47 AM

I am having the same whith my H25-700. I don't have whole home dvr just Hr21 running through my wifi network with a wireless adaptor for on demand.

#10 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 939 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:57 AM

This is a known issue on the H25-700. The fix is to...unplug the phone cord.

It should hopefully be fixed soonish?

Edited by JBv, 16 July 2013 - 10:58 AM.

DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...