Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Suggestions for EHD

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   manny07

manny07

Mentor

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:32 PM

Hi Everyone,

I have a question regarding EHD. I read some of these forums and know that you can hook up an EHD to an existing 211K receiver. My question is that if someone can recommend me an EHD that will work well and will not give me any problems. I currently have a 612 receiver and I am trying to save money by replacing the 612 receiver with a 211 receiver.

Are there any EHD's that work well and that same time are not that expensive. I don't record that much but it does come in handy when needed. I know that I still have to pay $40 to hook it up.

Also do you know how much I will save if I remove the 612 from my account? Right now they are charging me $10 for this HD DVR receiver.

Thanks everyone!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:03 PM

I like Western Digital. And uh...it'll save you $10 a month. If you have no other DVRs you'll save another 6.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#3 OFFLINE   manny07

manny07

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

Thank you for the response. I am looking for some Western Digital EHD's and the cheapest I find is around $100. Plus another $40 to activate it. $140 is alot to invest if I wanted to get rid of my 612. I might just stick with what I have now. Being able to remove the $10 HD DVR fee would not be that bad but I am not sure if a $140 investment is necessary.

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,746 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:09 PM

Check the forum's threads where was the EHD discussed - you'll find makers and models of enclosures and HDD with practical Pro&Contra.

#5 OFFLINE   Michael1

Michael1

Legend

• Registered
  • 132 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:32 AM

Do you want cheap or high quality "that won't give you trouble"?

Michael

#6 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,746 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:15 AM

Any maker, any model has 'infant' fatality and no one of us has immunity for getting such drive.

spam firewall