Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

eSATA Drive

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jjohns

jjohns

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:24 PM

Had an eSATA drive added to an hr20 to add 1 terrabyte - has worked flawlessly for over year. Just moved to THR22-100. Can I use my eSATA drive again on the THR22-100 without formatting it first? When I first added to the hr20 it had nothing on it. But now it has the shows to be recorded plus all the other stuff from the hr20. Can I just connect it like I did before and it will write over everything or do I have to wipe it or reformat it?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,716 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:34 PM

Tivo has different partitioning than DTV DVR; so, yes you cannot play your records and the drive will be reformatted. You are SOL. Sorry.

#3 OFFLINE   jjohns

jjohns

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:54 PM

Not completley sol.
I'm getting an unbelievable picture.

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,716 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:29 PM

What you mean ? Your Tivo THR22 turned into regular HR22 after connecting HR20's drive ?!!

spam firewall