Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Lafayette LA locals

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   bfont19

bfont19

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:52 AM

locals are live in HD:hurah::hurah::hurah::hurah:

Best day ever!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   Baldmaga

Baldmaga

Godfather

• Registered
  • 440 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:22 PM

WLBT seems to have gone into the abyss, and WVLA33 Baton Rouge is the new NBC affiliate for Directv customers in this area. Can't say I'm too disappointed, it was weird watching Saturday Night Live and hearing about sales at a store 6 hours away. Though I will miss the unusually corny and poorly produced commercials.

#43 OFFLINE   bfont19

bfont19

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:42 PM

Yea I was getting pretty tired of the mississippi news so this going to be nice

#44 OFFLINE   RML81

RML81

Legend

• Registered
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:30 PM

Though I will miss the unusually corny and poorly produced commercials.

The Jackson market is actually one rank larger than the Baton Rouge market.

#45 OFFLINE   Baldmaga

Baldmaga

Godfather

• Registered
  • 440 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:39 PM

The Jackson market is actually one rank larger than the Baton Rouge market.

Hey, I'm not saying Baton Rouge will be any better, but there was something about that channel and their ads that was unique.

#46 OFFLINE   jdb_3

jdb_3

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:14 AM

I am about 60 miles west of Baton Rouge. Since we now have Lafayette locals in HD, I turned my OTA antenna to the east. Cleared all OTA channels, and put BR as my secondary market. AM21N would not pick up any BR channels.
Anyone know why? Thanks.

#47 OFFLINE   sonodude

sonodude

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:09 AM

Happy to finally get Lafayette locals in HD. Don't laugh at this but I still have an H20-600 along with two newer H24's. The H24's receive the HD locals fine, but the H20 gives me a 749 error (multiswitch problem). No image and I only get sound if I press the select button to find out more info. The weird thing about this is that 24 and 33 which are out of Baton Rouge come in fine, it's 3, 10 and 15 out of Lafayette that don't. I've read about this happening a few other times with these units and new hd locals and it seems they were resolved on their own (through datastream). I am fairly sure it's not the lnb (not using swm), because my dad has an H20 that's doing the same thing. I've tried everything short of swapping out the lnb (redoing satellite setup, unplugging for a few minutes, resetting by pushing the red button, etc). Thankfully this isn't a big deal since he and I have off air antennas connected to our H20's....just wanting to let others know about this if they still have working H20's as we do and are having the same problem.

#48 OFFLINE   Baldmaga

Baldmaga

Godfather

• Registered
  • 440 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:21 AM

Just call up DirecTV and see if they'll swap out the old equipment for you. If it is a matter of incompatible equipment they are usually good about making those swaps for free.

#49 OFFLINE   sonodude

sonodude

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:52 AM

Just call up DirecTV and see if they'll swap out the old equipment for you. If it is a matter of incompatible equipment they are usually good about making those swaps for free.

I'll probably just wait until this unit dies like the other two h20's I had and order a new h24 from solid signal. Did that with the two h24's i have now. I'm not worried about how much a new unit costs or possibly getting one for free from directv. I just don't really trust what will come off the truck if I call Directv for a new unit. Luckily my unit is located in a spare room, so it's not used as much as the H24's and my dad doesn't really watch a whole lot of local tv anyway on his, he's hooked on auction hunters on spike. Thanks

#50 OFFLINE   bfont19

bfont19

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:56 AM

Do we know when the CW will be broadcast in HD by directv?  The subchannel 3.2 in in HD but the directv feed isn't even though the programs are listed as HD in the guide.

#51 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:27 AM

Do we know when the CW will be broadcast in HD by directv?  The subchannel 3.2 in in HD but the directv feed isn't even though the programs are listed as HD in the guide.

Directv doesnt tend to provide any subchannels in most markets, especially in HD.  Are you sure its in HD, or just letterboxed 480p like in my market as its a subchannel of ABC here in Jackson, MI.

#52 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,227 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:02 PM

Directv doesnt tend to provide any subchannels in most markets, especially in HD.  Are you sure its in HD, or just letterboxed 480p like in my market as its a subchannel of ABC here in Jackson, MI.

According to RabbitEars.info (last TSReader data from 12/26/13) it is indeed available in 720p HD OTA. http://www.rabbitear...t.php?mktid=153

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DIRECTV   DIRECTV Customer Service Live Online Chat (available from 8am-1am ET)   DIRECTV Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee lookup tool (zip code required)

DIRECTV Premium Channel Pricing: 1=$13.99 ($17.99 for HBO) | 2=$25 ($30 with HBO) | 3=$35 ($40 with HBO) | 4=$43 ($48 with HBO) | All 5=$55 per month 

My Setup: 5-LNB SlimLine with SWM-16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

Protected By... spam firewall...And...