Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

512 software update

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   interd0g

interd0g

Mentor

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:58 AM

I hear a rumour there has been a sw update for 512 to make it easy to use with only one feed as a single tuner unit. Anyone have details?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,846 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:04 AM

What provider ?

#3 OFFLINE   interd0g

interd0g

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:09 AM

Not sure I understand " provider " ?

#4 OFFLINE   interd0g

interd0g

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:22 AM

OK panic over. It seems it was in April '11, this sw rev. The 512 I just got around to unpacking ,was probably before that. Once I plugged it in it appeared to get new sw and the behavior changed.If you use just one input , the 1/2 option disappears and it powers up on the active input and doesn't bother you any more. Makes it better if you have to replace a 510 and don't want to run wires or frig around upstairs

#5 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,846 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

there are many of them: DirecTV, DTV LatAm, dish, GlobeCast, etc

by the number perhaps you mean model DVR512 by e* ?

#6 OFFLINE   interd0g

interd0g

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

Quite right. The thing is a DVR 512 from Dish. I bought it in june 2011 as a replacement for my faltering 510 but the 510 is still going strong so I didn't install the new one. A bit daunted by the necessary changes to the installation.
Now it seems I could just go ahead and replace the 510 and use the 512 as a one tuner receiver until I get the energy to change my setup.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...