Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dishonline Nexus 7

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tcatdbs

tcatdbs

Icon

• Registered
  • 565 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:17 AM

Anyone get the android app to work on the nexus 7? Anytime I try a live show it tunes into some radio station. So far have found nothing to watch dish content.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:52 AM

I have an Android phone and I can sling to my Hopper receiver using the Android application. Which application are you using and what is the version of the software? Are you getting an error message when you attempt to view Live TV? Are you able to see your DVR content? Please let me know. Thanks.

Anyone get the android app to work on the nexus 7? Anytime I try a live show it tunes into some radio station. So far have found nothing to watch dish content.

#3 OFFLINE   BubbaD

BubbaD

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:34 AM

Me either.

#4 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:16 AM

I have 4.1 on my Galaxy Nexus and I'm ok.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#5 OFFLINE   tcatdbs

tcatdbs

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 565 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:25 AM

Works fine on my Galaxy Player (GB), but not on the N7 (JB). I don't get an error message. The play screen comes up and music starts playing (like from a latino station), screen is black (all the controls are there). None of the controls do anything, other than the back key which takes me back to the guide. Same thing for any live show or recorded show. All the menus work fine from the guide screen, can see all the DVR show listings.

Epix app doesn't work either.

Maybe because no flash?

I have an Android phone and I can sling to my Hopper receiver using the Android application. Which application are you using and what is the version of the software? Are you getting an error message when you attempt to view Live TV? Are you able to see your DVR content? Please let me know. Thanks.

#6 OFFLINE   productofusa

productofusa

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:40 AM

Are we mixing up Dishonline with Sling? Sling works really well on my Nexus 7 great throughput (crap throughput on my Galaxy Nexus, always) however Android 4.0/Chrome and above don't support Flash so you will never get DishOnline to work unless you use a work around such as downloading an alternative browser that supports Flash.

:mad:

OK Dish, time to move along to HTML5 please.

:)

#7 OFFLINE   tcatdbs

tcatdbs

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 565 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:51 PM

Have a Sling adapter, and the app works on Gingerbread. I don't think you need a browser to use Dish Remote Access. Yes, I meant RA not Online.

#8 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:14 AM

Yup everything's working fine on the wife's Nexus 7. Tested it last night.

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#9 OFFLINE   tcatdbs

tcatdbs

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 565 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

By "everything" do you mean the Dish Remote Access app, or that and Dish Online though a browser? My Remote Access app is REAL flaky, seems to stream "OK" (definitely not HD) at times, but usually will have a black screen and be playing a Sirius XM station (after selecting a DVR'ed show).

Dish Online works great on my PC! Sure would be nice to have access to THAT content on my Nexus 7.

I have Sling Adapter, not a Sling Box.

Yup everything's working fine on the wife's Nexus 7. Tested it last night.

#10 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:44 PM

Sling adapter, on my Hopper, the Dish Remote app works great on my wife's Nexus 7. No streaming issues at all.

spam firewall