Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Nat Geo Audio Issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dismayed

dismayed

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:39 PM

I'm not sure if it's DTV, the Nat Geo network, or specific shows, but I've noticed with a lot of the National Geographic content the audio quality of those being interviewed will be horribly weak, and possibly only coming out of surround speakers, but as soon as the documentary voice over starts that audio will be booming loud out of the center channel.

I am constantly adjusting the volume up and down because of this... Or at least I was, I've just stopped watching all together now.

Any idea where the problem lies here?

Commercial volume, although loud, is consistent. Maybe it's the programming itself?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:05 PM

Sounds like a poor mix in the program itself or an issue with your AV receiver. HAve you tried turning Dolby Digital off, or using different surround modes? What specific programs is it happening on? Maybe someone else can check them out on their system and see if the same issue exists.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

spam firewall