Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NBC 2012 Olympics Coverage

• Please log in to reply
577 replies to this topic

#576 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,278 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:14 AM

Maybe they'll have a naked Putin wrestle a Polar Bear for the opening in Sochi--hope they don't cut THAT!

!rolling You're slaying me, Maruuk!!! !rolling
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#577 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,278 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:29 AM

They could have cut more out of the program to make it fit the time scheduled.

They could have ... it was their broadcast ... but they arrogantly chose to let us watch some stupid monkey instead.

All during the games we were conditioned to see primetime coverage, followed by local news and then a one or two-hour (can't remember) recap of the day's sporting events. Nothing changed on my EPG that night, except me not reading it on the last night of the Olympics.

Needless to say, I opted not to record that block and was thusly rewarded the next day when I replayed what I thought would be the entire closing ceremony, only to discover they had not shown it that way.

I wonder how many others were equally surprised?

And with that I'll drop out of this conversation.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#578 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,390 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:42 AM

I think NBC did a damn fine job with the 2012 London Olympics. We Comcast subs even got some additional channels of HD coverage.

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

Protected By... spam firewall...And...