Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

playback recordings failed

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   harlock328

harlock328

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:40 PM

I transferred shows from EHD several weeks ago and was able to play them back. This week I'm now geeting a blank screen when trying. When I check details of the recording, it has error 04. Only thing change was the new software version the hopper is now on. S217. Is anyone else having this issue?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RoboDad

RoboDad

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:14 PM

I haven't had any problems with my EHD transfers, but I did get an error 04 this morning when I tried to watch a recording I made yesterday. I know the recording was OK, because I started to watch it yesterday, but wasn't able to finish it then. When I tried to resume it today, that's when I got the error.

#3 OFFLINE   RoboDad

RoboDad

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

OK, this is starting to get ridiculous. I am getting error 04 on an increasing number of recordings, and not just ones that were transferred from my 722 EHD (although about half of those were lost, too). I'm talking about recordings I made ON MY HOPPER. For example, I recorded the Olympics tennis coverage on Bravo yesterday, but when I went to watch it today it was corrupt. Something is very wrong here, and it is making the Hopper very unreliable (and therefore useless) to me.

#4 OFFLINE   3HaloODST

3HaloODST

Godfather

• Registered
  • 468 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:45 PM

Not sure about the ones that aren't from EHD, however have you tried moving the files that you moved from the EHD back to the EHD then trying to play them? I have seen a few reports in which putting them back on the EHD fixed it.

Also, try the usual red button reboot and if that doesn't work try unplugging for 10 seconds.

2 Hoppers w/Sling / 2 Hopper 2000s / 1 Joey

1 ViP722k (separate account)

#5 OFFLINE   RoboDad

RoboDad

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:47 PM

I'm less concerned about losing the EHD recordings, but the inability to record new programs makes the system totally useless.

I've tried the red button reboot twice, with no change in the problem.

#6 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,706 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:49 PM

Try cold reboot - disconnect power cord for a minute.

#7 OFFLINE   RoboDad

RoboDad

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:57 PM

I'll try a cold reboot and see if that changes anything, but there is no way to confirm that the problem is still present until it decides to happen again.

As for copying the recordings back to the EHD, I've tried that but it fails every time, telling me that it encountered an error copying the recording.

#8 OFFLINE   harlock328

harlock328

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:52 AM

just lost more recordings. :nono:

tried unplugging, no joy. fails when trying to copy to ehd also. this really sucks

#9 OFFLINE   euro_boy

euro_boy

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

I had very similar experience. Got two hoppers installed about 10 days ago. Transferred recordings from my 722's. On hopper #1 EHD transferred recordings failed to play right away; on hopper #2 they worked for a few days then failed as well.

#10 OFFLINE   harlock328

harlock328

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:59 AM

noticed all the failed recordings had their record date changed to 2/7/06.

#11 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,176 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:53 PM

I had a few hundred recordings on my EHDs from my old 621 that I transferred to my Hopper. For some reason, a slew of them copied and said they were 0.00GB - and because of that they were unplayable.

I don't know what the error was, but I lost over 100 episodes of some half hour comedies (like half of the 72 saved Big Bang Theory episodes)

spam firewall